What's in the Box - Z Cam E2 Camera
- Z CAM E2 Professional 4K Cinematic Camera
- LEMO Power Cable with D-Tap Plug
- D-Tap Connector
- AC/DC Power Adapter
- Power Cables (US/EU/UK)
- Lens Mount Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
What's in the Box - Portkeys 5" Monitor
- PORTKEYS BM5 5" 3G-SDI/HDMI Touchscreen Monitor for Z CAM E2
- Z CAM E2 Camera Control Cable
- USB Flash Drive for Firmware/3D LUTs
- LEMO-Type Power Cord (31.5")
- LEMO-Type Power Cord (13.8")
- 2 x Glass Screen Protector
- 2 x Screen Protector Film
- Cleaning Wipe
- Allen Key
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
What's in the Box - High Speed Right Angle HDMI Cable
- High Speed Cable with Internet, Right Angle HDMI to Right Angle HDMI, 11"
Z CAM E2 Professional 4K Cinematic Camera
The Z CAM E2 Professional 4K Cinematic Camera shoots DCI and UHD 4K at up to 120 fps, as well as HD up to 240 fps, and records to a CFast 2.0 card (not included). An optional cable enables syncing two E2 cameras together, and the system supports syncing up to 100 cameras. The camera features a 4/3" sensor with 10-bit color support and nominal 13 stops of dynamic range with 16 stops when set to WDR. The camera supports recording in ProRes 422 in 10-bit, as well as H.265 and H.264 codecs for efficient compressing of your image. An included Gigabit connector provides data transfer and control of the camera, and you can also use an available iOS app to control the camera and to view a live image preview. You can also control it locally by the buttons along the front edge of the camera. The camera powers from an L-series battery (not included) or via the included AC adapter.
4K Capture and Recording
- Unburdened by a recording time limit, you can record DCI/UHD 4K at up to 120 fps or 1080p at up to 240 fps, for up to the limit of your recording media's capacity
- Triple native ISO 80 / 160 / 800
- 13 stops of dynamic range using ZLog, and 16 stops of dynamic range in WDR mode
- Built in multi-frame noise reduction technology to produce clean footage
- H.265 (10-bit color) internal recording on CFast 2.0 card
- 10-bit ProRes recording in 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT, and 422 Proxy is supported
- Video output through HDMI 2.0 is supported (up to DCI 4K @ 60 fps, 10-bit color, YUV 422)
- Full metal housing for efficient heat dissipation
Interfaces and Expandability
- USB Type-C port for live view and control via iOS device with Z Camera app installed
- The USB Type-C port can also be used for external SSD recording
- Ethernet port for live view, control, and file transfer to browser or computer running Z CAM software
- HTTP API and SDK are also available
- COM (RS232) port supports UART protocol
- LANC port for remote control including power on/off
- Pixel-level multicamera sync can be achieved for up to 100 devices—requires optional cable(s)
Z Camera is a mobile application for camera live preview and control through Wi-Fi/USB cable connection. It allows you to start/stop recording and adjust the camera settings remotely, and also has advanced features on camera live preview. It can be downloaded from the Apple App Store.
- Made from aluminum for strength and heat dissipation
- Nine threaded mounting holes around the outside chassis
- Sensor plane marking for accurate distance measurements
- Powers from included AC/DC adapter or optional L-series batteries
- Active MFT mount
Portkeys BM5 5" 3G-SDI/HDMI Touchscreen Monitor for Z CAM E2
Designed to add professional monitoring tools to DSLR and mirrorless cameras, the BM5 5" 3G-SDI/HDMI Touchscreen Monitor from PORTKEYS offers a 5" bright, lightweight monitor with a sharp display and a camera control box. The 1920 x 1080 LCD panel offers 2000 cd/m² brightness which can be clearly viewed in daylight, and HDR preview is also supported. The HDMI and SDI inputs support up to 1920 x 1080p video, and an SDI loop-through output allows you to send the image to another display. It also supports HDMI-SDI cross conversion.
The integrated camera controller provides camera control such as record, zoom, shutter, and focus. A control cable is included to connect your Z CAM E2 camera to the monitor. Separately available cables can be purchased to connect to other camera types. There is also a 4-pin LEMO-type port that allows you to power and control follow focus controllers such as the Tilta Nucleus Nano and Nucleus-M via the monitor.
The monitor features various monitoring tools such as waveform, histogram, false color, and vectorscope, as well as focusing aids like peaking, zoom, and markers. At the rear of the monitor a built-in L-series battery plate accepts a separately available battery for power, while an integrated power output can also power your camera via the included cable.
A USB flash drive is included to load custom 3D LUTs via the USB port.
- 5" LCD on-camera monitor that features 2000 cd/m² and a 1000:1 contrast ratio
- HDMI and SDI input up to 1080p60, SDI loop-through output, and HDMI-SDI cross conversion support
- Control REC, playback, F1/F2, touch focus, resolution, frame rates, color temperature, AV, TV, ISO, autofocus, manual focus, and zoom on the Z CAM E2 camera via the camera control cable
- Power and control Tilta Nucleus Nano or Nucleus-M follow focus via the monitor using the 4-pin LEMO-type output
- 3D LUT support with custom LUTs via USB
- Multi-touch touchscreen
- Power with built-in L-Series battery plate or via 4-pin LEMO-type power input; power your camera with separately available dummy battery
Right Angle High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet
This Right Angle High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet allows you to connect your Portkeys device easily and conveniently.