What's in the Box (Z CAM E2)
- Z CAM E2 Professional 4K Cinematic Camera
- LEMO Power Cable with D-Tap Plug
- D-Tap Connector
- AC/DC Power Adapter
- Power Cables (US/EU/UK)
- Lens Mount Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
What's in the Box (Angelbird Match Pack for Z CAM E2 256 GB)
- Angelbird 512GB Match Pack for the Z CAM E2 Cinema Camera (2 x 256GB)
- Activation Code for the Full Limited Warranty and Additional Free Software Licenses and Content
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
The Z CAM E2 Professional 4K Cinematic Camera shoots DCI and UHD 4K at up to 120 fps, as well as HD up to 240 fps, and records to a CFast 2.0 card (not included). An optional cable enables syncing two E2 cameras together, and the system supports syncing up to 100 cameras. The camera features a 4/3" sensor with 10-bit color support and nominal 13 stops of dynamic range with 16 stops when set to WDR. The camera supports recording in ProRes 422 in 10-bit, as well as H.265 and H.264 codecs for efficient compressing of your image. An included Gigabit connector provides data transfer and control of the camera, and you can also use an available iOS app to control the camera and to view a live image preview. You can also control it locally by the buttons along the front edge of the camera. The camera powers from an L-series battery (not included) or via the included AC adapter.
4K Capture and Recording
- Unburdened by a recording time limit, you can record DCI/UHD 4K at up to 120 fps or 1080p at up to 240 fps, for up to the limit of your recording media's capacity
- Triple native ISO 80 / 160 / 800
- 13 stops of dynamic range using ZLog, and 16 stops of dynamic range in WDR mode
- Built in multi-frame noise reduction technology to produce clean footage
- H.265 (10-bit color) internal recording on CFast 2.0 card
- 10-bit ProRes recording in 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT, and 422 Proxy is supported
- Video output through HDMI 2.0 is supported (up to DCI 4K @ 60 fps, 10-bit color, YUV 422)
- Full metal housing for efficient heat dissipation
Interfaces and Expandability
- USB Type-C port for live view and control via iOS device with Z Camera app installed
- The USB Type-C port can also be used for external SSD recording
- Ethernet port for live view, control, and file transfer to browser or computer running Z CAM software
- HTTP API and SDK are also available
- COM (RS232) port supports UART protocol
- LANC port for remote control including power on/off
- Pixel-level multicamera sync can be achieved for up to 100 devices—requires optional cable(s)
Z Camera is a mobile application for camera live preview and control through Wi-Fi/USB cable connection. It allows you to start/stop recording and adjust the camera settings remotely, and also has advanced features on camera live preview. It can be downloaded from the Apple App Store.
- Made from aluminum for strength and heat dissipation
- Nine threaded mounting holes around the outside chassis
- Sensor plane marking for accurate distance measurements
- Powers from included AC/DC adapter or optional L-series batteries
- Active MFT mount
Designed for the Z CAM E2 Cinema Camera, the 512GB Match Pack from Angelbird is optimized for raw recording and dual-card mode recording. This manufacturer's bundle combines two 256GB AV Pro CF CFast 2.0 cards, for a total storage capacity of 512GB, and features sustained read speeds of up to 550 MB/s and sustained write speeds of up to 490 MB/s using its SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, as well as sequential read speeds of up to 560 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 498 MB/s.
This card has also been built with ESD & overload protection, Stable Stream technology, EDC/ECC data reliability, ~7.6% over provisioning, a temperature sensor, TRIM, EMS protection, a built-in cache, SMART, an MTBF of 2.4 million hours, 10 years of data retention at 77°F, an operating shock resistance of 50 g, and an operating vibration resistance of 3.1 g.
While this Match Pack is protected by a limited 3-year warranty, the warranty will not come into effect unless the product is registered on Angelbird's Personal Service Portal within 30 days of purchase. If not registered within this period, the market-specific legal guarantee period comes into force. So this product may be registered, an activation code is included, which also unlocks additional free software licenses and content.