What's in the Box
- Tokina 40mm T1.5 Cinema Vista Prime Lens (EF Mount, Feet)
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
The Tokina 40mm T1.5 Cinema Vista Prime Lens, with an EF mount and focus scales marked in feet, provides an image circle that more than covers full-frame sensors and is designed to provide sharp images, even when up to 8K resolution. This 40mm focal length lens shares the same form factor, lens gear position, focus rotation, and front barrel diameter as the other Tokina Cinema Vista prime lenses. This makes on-set lens changes a fast and efficient operation. It features a maximum T-stop of 1.5, useful when shooting in low-light situations or when you want to capture that exceedingly shallow depth-of-field look.
The 9-bladed iris provides round out-of-focus highlights for a natural-looking bokeh. The lens barrel features approximately 300° of rotation from close focus to infinity, giving you a high degree of precision when pulling focus. The lens is designed to minimize focus breathing, and it features geared manual focus and iris rings. Markings on both sides of the lens barrel make it readable from either side of the camera.
- The 40mm T1.5 EF mount prime lens can focus images on a sensor with full 8K resolution and features a 46.7mm image circle, which easily covers standard-sized full-frame sensors.
- The use of a 9-blade iris produces a smooth round appearance to out-of-focus specular highlights. The iris also produces a pleasing bokeh, referring to natural-looking, out-of-focus areas of the image. The iris is manual and features smooth movement without click stops for smooth exposure adjustments while recording.
- The lens has markings on both sides of the barrel, making it easy to read focus and aperture settings from behind or from either side of the camera.
The lens shares the same front diameter and gear positioning on the focus and iris rings as the other lenses in the series, making lens switching quick and convenient. Additionally, the focus ring features approximately 300º of smooth rotation to help facilitate consistently accurate focusing, especially when pulling focus during a shot.
- The lens is designed to minimize variations in the angle of view while focusing, a phenomenon known as focus breathing. This feature is extremely important while pulling focus, especially on static shots where focus breathing is more noticeable.
- The lens features threading on the front to accommodate 112mm screw-on filters. This feature allows the camera operator to add filters over the lens without taking up a filter stage in a matte box.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF Mount|
|Image Circle||46.7 mm|
|Gear MOD & Pitch||Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
|Front Diameter||114 mm|
|Filter Thread||112 mm|
|Lens Support||Lens Support Foot with 1/4"-20 Mounting Thread|
|Weight||5 lb / 2.3 kg|
|Package Weight||6.59 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10 x 8 x 7.1"|