What's in the Box
- Tokina 18mm T1.5 Vista Cinema Prime Lens (Canon EF Mount, Feet)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
The Tokina 18mm T1.5 Cinema Vista Prime Lens with a Canon EF mount and with focus scales marked in feet provides an image circle that more than covers full-frame sensors and is designed to provide sharp images even when recording images at 8K resolution. This is an 18mm focal length lens, and it shares the same form factor, lens gear position, focus rotation, and front barrel diameter as the other Tokina Cinema Vista prime lenses. This makes on-set lens changes a fast and efficient operation. It features a maximum T stop of 1.5, useful when shooting in low-light situations or when you want to capture that exceedingly shallow depth-of-field look.
The 9-bladed iris provides round out-of-focus highlights for a natural-looking bokeh. The lens barrel features approximately 300° of rotation from close focus to infinity; this gives you a high degree of precision when pulling focus. The lens is designed to minimize focus breathing, and features geared manual focus and iris rings. Markings on both sides of the lens barrel make it readable from either side of the camera.
- The 18mm T1.5 Canon EF mount prime lens is capable of focusing images on a sensor with full 8K resolution and features a 46.7 mm image circle, which covers standard-sized full-frame sensors.
- The use of a 9-blade iris produces a smooth round appearance to out-of-focus specular highlights. The iris also produces a pleasing bokeh, referring to natural-looking out-of-focus areas of the image. The iris is manual and features smooth movement without click stops for smooth exposure adjustments while recording.
- The lens has markings on both sides of the barrel, making it easy to read focus and aperture settings from behind or from either side of the camera.
The lens shares the same front lens diameters and gear positioning on the focus and iris rings as the other lenses in the series, making lens switching quick and convenient. Additionally, the focus ring features approximately 300º of smooth rotation to help facilitate consistently accurate focusing especially when pulling focus during a shot.
- Designed to minimize variations in the angle of view while focusing, a phenomenon known as focus breathing. This feature is extremely important while pulling focus, especially on static shots, where focus breathing is more noticeable.
- The lens features a 114mm front diameter to accommodate industry-standard matte box sizes.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Image Circle||46.7 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||From : 17.7" / 45.0 cm|
|Optical Design||17 Elements in 14 Groups|
|Front Diameter||114 mm|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||None|
|Length||7.17" / 182 mm|
|Weight||6.08 lb / 2.76 kg|
|Package Weight||7.7 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||11.3 x 8.1 x 7.1"|