Tascam DR-40 4 Channel Digital Audio Recorder
- This item has been discontinued.
This item has been discontinued by DVeStore.
Great for DSLR users and videographers! New dual mode allows for recording a "safety" copy of track at a lower level! At $199 this is the first recorder under $200 with XLR inputs! Line level inputs allow for use with a mixer! 4 channel mode lets you record Stereo with the built in mics + two XLR analog mics. Two lavs? No problem - shotgun and lav? Yes! Large diaphram condenser? Absolutely. Dynamic handheld - of course! Update - The Tascam DR-40 has a new firmware available for download. The DR-40 with firmaware update will now allow independent level control of the anaglog inputs! Great for those of us that want to use a shotgun mic and a lavalier while controlling each mic's varying levels.
4-track recording, 24-bit/96kHz and MP3 resolution, plus adjustable XY/AB stereo condenser mic and XLR/1/4" inputs.
The TASCAM DR-40 has adjustable mics, four-track recording and extended battery life, to give you the flexibility you need to record tracks anywhere.
The DR-40 captures up to four tracks from built-in, high-quality condenser microphones, XLR mic or line inputs. The internal mics are adjustable from XY to AB position, helping you to tailor your recording to the sound of the room. A pair of great-sounding TASCAM microphone preamps welcome condenser microphones with phantom power, recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution. It accommodates balanced XLR or 1/4" line inputs using locking Neutrik Combo jacks. The DR-40 accepts SD or SDHC cards up to 32GB, and a 2GB card is included.
Once recorded, play back your takes with EQ and the optional Level Align feature to avoid volume jumps. A stereo reverb effect is also built-in, as well as a speaker and chromatic tuner. Transfer recordings to computer using the USB 2.0 jack. Other features include overdub mode, variable speed playback, limiting and low cut filter, and much more – all with TASCAM’s simple-to-use interface. Home or live recording is as simple as it gets with the TASCAM DR-40.
- Handheld 4-track Portable Recorder
- Built-in condenser microphones, adjustable to XY or AB position
- XLR / 1/4” mic/line input with phantom power
- Record with the built-in microphones and XLR mic or line inputs for four-track recording
- Dual-recording mode captures a safety track at a lower level to avoid distortion
- Overdub mode allows recording along with a previous take
- Peak reduction automatically sets the ideal recording level
- 15-hour battery life from three AA batteries
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF or MP3 recording resolution
- 2-second pre-recording buffer
- Variable speed playback from 50-150% speed without changing the pitch
- Adjustable limiter and low cut filter (40 / 80 / 120 Hz)
- Built-in speaker and chromatic tuner
- 1/8” headphone/line output
- Playback EQ and level align
- Stereo Reverb effect
- Tripod mounting hole
- SD/SDHC card slot supports up to 32GB media (2GB card included)
- Locking Neutrik Combi jacks
- USB 2.0 jack and cable for transferring recordings to computer
- Powered by three AA batteries, AC adapter (optional PS-P515U - not included), external battery pack (optional BP-6AA - not included), or USB bus power
- Optional RC-3F footswitch and RC-10 wired remote control (Not Included)
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
DVeStore does not pay import fees for international shipments.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
You can view the UPS Shipping Map below to estimate delivery time for your UPS Ground package.
At DveStore we work diligently to protect the safety and security of our customers and our assets.
All orders are at our discretion to be checked for fraudulent activity on varying levels of research. If we are unable to verify your payment through the information you have provided, we will communicate what is needed for us to move forward with the order process. Additional information, including but not limited to, a photo ID, passport and/or payment details may be requested. Orders processed with Paypal secure payment system will never be asked for credit card information. Should you choose to check out with Paypal, we ask that you reference or use the email address which your Paypal account is linked to.
DveStore’s integrity to communicate with our customers holds true in our payment processing procedures. Questions or concerns are always welcomed.Returns
Call: 1 (360) 653-7063
All products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied for any reason, you may return the product for your money back less shipping charges, within 30 days of the original purchase. If the product has been used, a 15% re-stock fee may apply at our discretion.
To return an item for a refund, first call or email us to receive an RMA number. Please package item in all original packaging from the manufacturer, including any manuals, warranty cards and etc. (Missing these items will automatically subject the item to the 15% restocking fee) Please ship the item back with the RMA # written on the outside of the package: please do not write on or place stickers/labels on the original manufacturer's packaging.