Due to manufacturer's restrictions this item cannot be shipped outside of the United States.
The MM-1: High Quality Portable Mic Preamp with Headphone Monitor
Highly versatile and portable, Sound Devices' MM-1 is a single-channel, portable microphone preamplifier with a powerful headphone monitoring function. Proven in mission-critical applications, the high-performance microphone preamplifier uses a transformer-balanced input and output with a bipolar ±15 volt power supply to produce low-noise, low-distortion gain at all switch positions. It features an "unclippable" dual-stage limiter and two-position high-pass filter. Flexible microphone powering provides phantom power at 48 volts or 12 volts and 12-volt T-power. It is powered from two-AA batteries or external 5-18 VDC.
The MM-1 is at home in high-definition television production, corporate/industrial environments, radio/television announce booths, and music production. Its headphone monitor is an advantage in applications where communications channels or mix-minus feeds need to be monitored in headphones. The user can monitor both microphone audio and external audio sources in headphones with level control.
The MM-1 is designed to be durable. Its aluminum chassis, oversized end panels, machined knobs, and panel mounted connectors assure reliable mechanical operation.
MM-1 Panel Views
- Switched gain for microphone preamp,
- Two-position high-pass filter,
- Switched peak limiter,
- LED for limiter or peak indication,
- Variable level control for monitor signal,
- Headphone volume control,
- Headphone output on 1/4-inch connector,
- Power LED shows green on power and red when batteries are low,
- Power switch selects batteries or external DC,
- Protective metal end rails and belt clip.
- Transformer-balanced microphone input,
- Transformer-balanced line level output,
- Monitor source input on TRS 1/4-inch, balanced connector,
- 48 V or 12 V phantom,
- Phantom, dynamic, or T power,
- Battery compartment, two AA,
- External 5 - 17 V DC power.
- Maximum of 66 dB of gain, in eleven discrete steps
- Dynamic range exceeding 120 dB
- 10 Hz to 50 kHz audio bandwidth
- High immunity to RF interference
- High current line output driver
- Transformer-balanced input and output
- Extended range peak limiter via dual opto-isolators makes preamplifier virtually "unclippable"
- Selectable 48-volt / 12-volt phantom power or 12-volt “T" power
- High-pass filter @ 80 or 160 Hz, 6 dB per octave
- Headphone monitoring of microphone audio, monitor audio, or a mix of both
- Monitor input accepts mono, balanced or unbalanced line-level inputs on 1/4-inch tip-ring-sleeve connector
- Separate level control of Monitor gain and overall headphone gain
- Split ear function via DIP switches
- Internal battery power (two-AA)
- Excellent battery life with alkaline and NiMH rechargeable batteries
- External 5-17 VDC powering (plug included)
- High-strength aluminum chassis with durable belt clip
- Gain (Mic - Line): 0 dB to 66 dB input to output, switch selectable
- Frequency Response (Mic - Line): 20 Hz –20 kHz, +0.1, -0.5 dB, -1 dB at 50 kHz (relative to 1 kHz level with 150 ohm source)
- Equivalent Input Noise (Mic): -126 dBu (-128 dBV) maximum (150 ohm source, flat weighting, 22 Hz – 22 kHz bandwidth gain setting 36 dB or greater)
- Dynamic Range (Mic to Line): 122 dB minimum at the +18 dB gain setting
- THD + Noise: 0.05% maximum (from 50 Hz – 22 kHz @ +4 dBu output level, 22 Hz – 22 kHz filter bandwidth, +46 dB gain setting
- Gain Accuracy (Mic - Line): +0.6, -0.1 dB with reference to front panel gain markings (150 ohm source, 100 k load impedances)
- Output Clipping Level (Line): +22 dBu minimum with 100k ohm load+20 dBu minimum with 600 ohm load
- Input Clipping Level (Mic): +4 dBu minimum at the 0 or +18 dB gain setting
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: 100 dB minimum at 80 Hz60 dB minimum at 10 kHz
- Weight: 0.7 kg (1.1 lbs)
- Dimensions (h x w x d): 49 mm x 95 mm x 166 mm, 1.95" x 3.75" x 6.55"