Due to manufacturer's restrictions this item cannot be shipped outside of the United States.
The HX-3: Portable, Battery-Powered Headphone Distribution Amplifier
The compact HX-3 Headphone Distribution Amplifier is the perfect accessory to quickly provide three high-performance stereo headphone feeds with individual level controls from line-level sources. The HX-3 can produce very high headphone levels with extremely low noise and distortion.
HX-3 Panel Descriptions
- Headphone level control for each output (x3)
- Peak indicator for each headphone output
- Stereo/Mono selection switch
- Power LED indicates green when powered, red when batteries are low
- Power switch selects powering source
- Balanced, stereo, line-level input on XLR
- Unbalanced TRS stereo input on 1/4-inch connector
- Unbalanced TRS stereo input on 1/8-inch connector
- Loop output on 1/4-inch to link additional HX-3s
- 1/4-inch TRS stereo headphone outputs (x3)
- 1/8-inch TRS stereo headphone output
- Battery tube (2 x AA)
- DC input, 5 - 18 VDC
Great for radio, television, film, and music production applications, the battery-powered HX-3 accepts balanced XLR line-level inputs or unbalanced 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs. Its 1/4-inch loop-out can connect multiple HX-3's for additional headphone outputs. Headphones are connected to panel-mounted 1/4-inch stereo connectors.
The HX-3 has a durable aluminum chassis to withstand the punishment of field and studio environments. The unit is powered by inexpensive batteries (two-AA) or external 5-18 VDC.
- Three isolated headphone outputs with individual volume controls.
- 125 dB dynamic range with flat frequency response.
- Durable 1/4-inch connectors, panel mounted for strength.
- Stereo or mono monitoring.
- Peak LED indicates headphone overload.
- Two balanced XLR line level inputs or unbalanced 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs.
- Loop Output to connect additional HX-3's in series.
- All-metal connectors solidly mounted to the chassis for durability and RF immunity.
- Free from "Pin-1" grounding problems.
- Internal battery-power for up to 18 hours from two AA alkaline batteries.
- Chassis-isolated 5 to 18 VDC input for easy external DC powering.
- Power LED indicates low battery power.
- High strength, extruded aluminum chassis with protective metal end panels.
10 Hz - 50 kHz, -±1.0 dB, any input to any output, gain controls set to 50%
34 dB from balanced line to headphone output, 35 dB from headphone input to headphone output
Output Clipping Level
+18 dBu minimum with 600 ohm load, +16 dBu minimum with 300 ohm load
Headphone Output Impedance
Input Clipping Level
XLR: +24 dBu minimum
1/4-inch and 1/8-inch inputs: +22 dBu minimum
Dynamic Range (balanced line inputs)
120 dB minimum
THD + Noise
0.03% maximum (from 10 Hz to 22 kHz @ +10 dBu input and output level, 300 ohm load, 10 Hz - 22 kHz filter bandwidth)
XLR: electronically balanced, 22k ohm input impedance, 1/4-inch unbalanced: 9.1k ohm impedance
1/8-inch unbalanced: 9.1k ohm impedance.
Internal Voltage Rails
±15 V, regulated
Internal: 2 AA alkaline batteries, 18 hours life typical with nominal levels. External: 5 - 17 VDC via threaded coaxial connector (5.5 mm outer diameter, 2.1 mm inner diameter), pin positive, sleeve negative.
Green indicates power and good battery. Red indicates power with low batteries. LED turns red when ~ 4 hours of battery life remain.
Operating Temperature Range
0 to 70 degrees C
32 to 160 degrees F
43 mm x 94 mm x 140 mm (h x w x d) (1.7" x 3.7" x 5.5")
Weight (unit only)
1/4-inch to 1/8-inch trs interconnect cable, rubber feet (4), locking DC jack