The Shure SM57-LC Microphone is a unidirectional dynamic microphone and a true professional workhorse used in many applications including the USA's presidential podium for over 3 decades. It is an exceptional choice for musical instrument pickup or for vocals. With its bright, clean sound and carefully contoured presence rise, the SM57-LC is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. It has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise.
In the studio, the SM57-LC is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds. For musical instruments or vocals, the SM57-LC is a consistent choice of professional performers. Its outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and application diversity make this workhorse the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers all over the world.
- Professional workhorse for vocals and instruments in live sound reinforcement
- Legendarily bright and clean sound reproduction
- Used at the official podium of the President of the United States
- Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
- Dynamic design requires no power
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Extremely durable design, with a pneumatic shock mount system that cuts down handling noise
- Transducer: (Moving Coil) Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 15 kHz
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Power Requirements: None Dynamic, Requires No Phantom or Battery Power
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms (300 Ohms Actual) for Connection to Low Impedance Microphone Inputs
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type
- Dimensions: 6.2 x 1.25" (157 x 32mm) LxD
- Weight: 10 oz (284g)
- Package Weight: 1.3 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 10.1 x 4.9 x 3.4"