What's in the Box
- Sennheiser XSW-D PORTABLE BASE SET Digital Camera-Mount Wireless Bodypack Microphone System with No Mic (2.4 GHz)
- XSW-D MINI JACK TX Bodypack Transmitter (2.4 GHz)
- XSW-D MINI JACK RX Camera-Mount Receiver (2.4 GHz)
- Belt Clip
- Cold-Shoe Mount
- 3.5mm Coiled Output Cable
- Colored Stickers for Labeling
- USB Type-A to USB Type-C Charging Cable
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
The Sennheiser XSW-D PORTABLE BASE SET is an easy entry point into the world of wireless microphone audio for vloggers, video shooters, and mobile journalists looking for a camera-mount system that's cost effective as well as quick and simple to use. It puts world-renowned Sennheiser sound quality in a plug-and-record, 1-button digital system that anyone can operate. Plug it in, power it up, and you're immediately up and running, instantly lightening your workload so you can concentrate on creating.
The XSW-D PORTABLE BASE SET comes with a bodypack transmitter ready to be used with either a lavalier or headset mic of your choice. The camera-mount receiver connects to a DSLR, camcorder, or a tablet/smartphone (with additional adapter) to capture crisp-sounding interviews or dialog for video shoots.
Unboxing the System
- The exceptionally lightweight and compact bodypack transmitter lets you connect a Sennheiser or Sennheiser-compatible lavalier or headset mic equipped with a locking 3.5mm connector. The transmitter is designed to only transmit signal from a mic (not from a mixer or recorder).
- The transmitter can be easily concealed in your pocket or discreetly attached to your waist with the included belt clip.
- The equally discreet and lightweight receiver mounts to your camera shoemount with the supplied adapter. Connect its 3.5mm output to the 3.5mm audio input of your camera via the included coiled cable, and you're ready to turn the system on.
Plug In, Turn On: It Works
- The 1-button, 1-LED concept with single-button interface and status indicator effortlessly handles power and linking tasks for you.
- The receiver and transmitter are pre-paired at the factory so when you turn on the system, it works—without the need for any additional button pressing.
(For optimal results, use of the XSW-D is recommended in environments with limited Wi-Fi / 2.4 GHz traffic.)
Step Up to Sennheiser Sound Quality
- Sennheiser wireless mic systems are an industry standard, prized by professionals for their clarity and reliability. The XSW-D system allows first-time and budget-conscious users to get their hands on genuine Sennheiser sound quality without breaking the bank.
Easy 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless
- Nothing ruins a take like hearing the weather report coming through your mic. Unlike traditional analog wireless systems, the XSW-D digital system operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM band, away from interruptions and dropouts caused by TV and radio channel interference.
- Thanks to Sennheiser's channel allocation and interference management technology, the system selects the best operating frequency and automatically switches to a clean channel to provide reliable transmission at a distance up to 250' line of sight.
Expand Your System as Your Needs Grow
- The functionality of this XSW-D PORTABLE BASE SET can easily be expanded by adding XSW-D Series transmitters and receivers, as your needs evolve.
- With this set, adding the XSW-D XLR plug-on transmitter allows you to connect a dynamic handheld microphone for man-on-the-street-style interviews or a self-powered shotgun mic for booming.
License-Free Operation Worldwide
- Because the XSW-D system operates in the license-free 2.4 GHz band, you don't have to worry about local licensing laws, frequency coordination, and other technical hassles.
- Simply let the system pick a channel for you and start recording, whether you're working at home or anywhere in the world.
- Eco-friendly USB-rechargeable lithium-ion batteries—1-hour charging to reach 50% of battery time
- 5-hour total battery life gives you plenty of shooting time
- Conveniently recharge batteries via USB while in operation or during breaks throughout the day
- Up to five systems can be operated simultaneously in the same environment
- Low 3.9 ms latency with aptX Live codec specifically designed to maximize digital wireless microphone performance
- Mute from either transmitter or receiver
- Multi-pairing lets you quickly switch between multiple transmitters linked to one receiver (note that only one transmitter can broadcast to one receiver at a time)