What's in the Box
- Sennheiser EW-DX EM 2 DANTE Two-Channel Digital Rackmount Receiver with Dante (Q1-9: 470 to 550 MHz)
- 2 x Rod Antenna
- GA 3 Rackmount Set
- 4 x Rubber Feet
- Sennheiser NT 12-5 CW+ Universal Power Supply for EW-D EM Wireless Receiver
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
The Sennheiser EW-DX EM 2 DANTE is a half-rack, dual-channel digital wireless receiver with Dante networking capabilities and compatible with EW-DX SK bodypack, EW-DX SKM handheld, and EW-DX TS tabletop transmitters. Housed in a rugged, all-metal chassis built to withstand the rigors of professional use, it can either sit on a tabletop or be rackmounted (with the included rackmount set) for portable rigs and permanent A/V installs.
The wide 80 MHz tuning range, intelligent switching diversity, auto-scan, equidistant tuning grid, and Link Density mode work to provide rock-solid wireless performance and massive channel counts, even in challenging RF environments. Bluetooth capabilities allow you to remotely sync components and change settings from your phone using the Smart Assist app, while Sennheiser's Control Cockpit and Wireless Systems Manager software provide computer-based control for more extensive networked setups. The EW-DX EM 2 DANTE receiver is backward-compatible with EW-D components.
Reliable Wireless Performance with More Channels via Link Density Mode
- The EW-DX EM 2 DANTE operates in the UHF band, far away from potential Wi-Fi interference in the 2.4 GHz band.
- The UHF transmission greatly enhances range (up to 330') and the wide 80 MHz bandwidth gives you the ability to find a clean channel from 3200 available frequencies.
- Intelligent Switching Diversity offers effective protection against multipath and other anomalies that cause RF interference. The system compares incoming signals on two independent antennas and receiver circuits to ensure optimal wireless quality. The receiver switches between antennas only during header data as to never affect the audio information.
- Sennheiser's equidistant tuning grid removes the need for frequency coordination and enables you to operate up to 134 mic channels simultaneously.
For complex systems requiring even more mics, engage the Link Density mode for up to 269 channels on the same system.
- AES-256 encryption keeps your transmissions private and safely protected from unauthorized users.
Easy-to-Use Receiver with Fast and Intuitive Interface
- The EW-DX EM 2 DANTE receiver offers intuitive front-panel controls and a high-contrast OLED screen with meters for RF, battery status of the associated transmitter, and audio output that make setup a breeze.
- The auto-scan function automatically seeks out the cleanest available frequency for you.
- The receiver pairs with the transmitter via Bluetooth from up to 120' away, enabling you to quickly pair the mic directly from the stage without having to bring it close to the receiver.
- The back panel houses two balanced XLR outputs and two unbalanced 1/4" outputs for direct connection to any PA system or mixing board.
- The unit comes with a kit for rackmount installation and a universal power supply with EU, US, and UK adapters.
Advanced Control from Your Computer, Phone or Tablet + Dante Audio Networking
- With the Smart Assist app (free download available separately) installed on your Android/iOS phone/tablet, the power of Bluetooth connectivity puts full control of the EW-D EM 2 right in the palm of your hand. Use your mobile device to connect via Bluetooth for efficient operation and monitoring of your system.
- Sennheiser's Control Cockpit software for Windows allows you to view all the devices across your network, check the microphones in use, monitor battery life, troubleshoot problems, and adjust settings.
- For larger setups, Sennheiser's Wireless Systems Manager provides frequency planning and coordination and real-time monitoring of RF and audio levels. It also allows you to import frequency scans from third-party devices and conduct walk tests and receiver bandwidth scans.
- The system supports third-party interface plug-ins for easy integration into any controlled environment.
- Dante ports allow you to integrate the receiver into your Dante network and distribute the digital audio anywhere you need it in your facility.
Maximize the Wireless Reliability of Your Receiver
- The rear-mounted, 1/4-wave detachable antennas can be upgraded to longer, 1/2-wave dipole antennas (available separately) for added range and reliability; you can also choose an ADA UHF Active Antenna or the AWM Wallmount Antenna as well.
- For setups with multiple receivers, the EW-D ASA Splitter allows you to split and distribute a dual-antenna signal across four receivers for clearer reception without the intermodulation problems that can occur when multiple antennas are used.