What's in the Box
- Rode Wireless GO II Single Compact Digital Wireless Microphone System/Recorder (2.4 GHz, Black)
- Clip-On Transmitter
- Dual-Channel Wireless Receiver
- 3 x SC20 USB Type-A to USB Type-C Cable
- SC5 3.5mm TRS Memory Cable
- 3 x Furry Windshield
- Carry Pouch
- Limited 1-Year Warranty, Extendable to 2 Years upon Registration
Expanding on the original Wireless GO with updates allowing for two-person shoots, onboard recording, a greatly extended range, and flexible output options, the black Rode Wireless Go II Single system lets videographers, vloggers, and mobile journalists confidently and quickly incorporate wireless audio into their setup regardless of their experience level or what device they're recording to. Ideal for creators who only need to record one subject now, but want the option for two subjects later, the Wireless GO II Single comes with a single transmitter and a dual-channel receiver.
Boasting secure Series IV 2.4 GHz digital transmission, easy operability, and a built-in mic (lavalier mic available separately), the system is ready to go at the press of a button; you can focus on getting the shot knowing that the Wireless GO II is delivering quality audio at a range of up to 656 feet. There are no menus and no finicky dials, just simple power-on-and-go functionality and a bright, informative LCD screen showing you what you need to see. When you're ready for more, use Rode's companion app to access a powerful feature set and extended customization of settings.
The transmitter can capture uncompressed audio with a maximum resolution of 24-bit / 48 kHz. Using Rode's companion app, you can export files in the same recording resolution, or other settings, such as 32-bit float / 48 kHz, which only offers compatibility with DAWs and other programs that support 32-bit float. The transmitter does not record in 32-bit float.
Version II Upgrades
- Whereas the original Wireless GO employed a single channel, version II is a dual-channel system, capable of handling two transmitters at the same time for simple, two-person shoots with low latency (3.5 to 4 ms).
- Use the Rode Central companion app (Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android compatible) to unlock powerful features and device customization—onboard transmitter recording, configurable safety track recording in dual mono mode, file playback and export, and more.
- Via the app, the transmitter provides an onboard audio recorder offering up to seven hours of uncompressed recording (24-bit / 48 kHz WAV) or 24 hours of compressed recording, perfect for worry-free backup recording or a fast and easy way to capture sound from your subject. Export files in various formats such as MP3 or WAV (16-, 24-, or 32-bit float) with date and time stamp information as well as automatic markers anywhere the transmitter-receiver link was broken.
- Since the Wireless GO II can handle two transmitters at once (single transmitter included), it features the ability to switch between stereo or dual-mono output modes. This enables each transmitter, and therefore each subject, to be recorded to a separate channel. Alternatively, signal from two transmitters can be mixed together and recorded identically to left and right channels. Use the app to activate safety track recording (-20 dB on the right channel).
- In addition to the traditional 3.5mm TRS analog output, the Wireless GO II receiver has a USB Type-C digital audio output for operation as a 24-bit / 48 kHz audio interface. This can be connected to a computer with the supplied USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable, to the Lightning port of an iOS mobile device via the Rode SC15 cable, or to the USB Type-C port of a laptop, iPad Pro, or Android mobile device with the Rode SC16 cable (SC15 and SC16 cables available separately).
- The new Series IV technology extends the line-of-sight operating range of the Wireless GO II to approximately 656' compared to the 230' maximum range of the original Wireless GO. It also offers increased signal strength in crowded wireless environments. Plus, the system is designed to run both transmitters without affecting the range performance.
- "Always" Recording Mode: When this mode is activated, the transmitter will start recording audio as soon as it is switched on. It will continue recording until it is switched off, regardless of the status of the receiver. This means that you will have a continuous recording from the moment the transmitter is switched on, making this mode suitable for using the Wireless GO II as a standalone field recorder. Note that in this mode, the "mute" function will not affect the onboard recording (although it will still mute the wireless transmission). This will be the default recording mode when the Wireless GO II is on the latest firmware.
- "Backup" Recording Mode: When this mode is activated, the transmitter will start recording audio when it connects to the receiver. When the receiver is switched off, the recording will stop. This means that if the signal drops out at any time or if you forget to hit record on your device, you will still have a backup recording for the period that the wireless connection was active.
- Off: Switching off the recording function means the transmitter will not record any audio. Existing recordings will remain on the unit until manually deleted using Rode Central.
Activatable input pads on the transmitters engage low-sensitivity mode to avoid distortion when dealing with loud talkers.
- LED brightness adjustment for the transmitters allows optimal visibility in any shooting environment.
- Change the functionality of the transmitter power button to either mute the input, drop a marker into the onboard recording, or deactivate the button.
Out of the Box, onto the Set
- Designed with stunning simplicity and efficiency in mind, the Rode Wireless GO II Single offers instantaneous functionality out of the box for your next news shoot, video project, or interview. Power up, let the receiver and transmitter automatically pair, then GO!
- Mobile journalists, videographers, and vloggers will appreciate the Wireless GO II's pocket- and bag-friendly portability. With the transmitter and receiver each weighing just over an ounce and measuring approximately 1.7 x 1.8 x 0.7 inches, the subject and camera operator will forget they're even there!
- Clip the miniature transmitter to clothing, attach it to a belt, or slide it in a pocket; use it as a lavalier mic (no need for a separate mic), or operate it as a traditional bodypack transmitter with an external lav mic such as the Rode Lavalier GO (available separately).
- Thanks to the receiver's minute form factor and integrated clip, it provides the flexibility to be easily mounted on a camera, in a sound bag, or to a mobile device. Its bright, high-contrast display shows battery status for the receiver and transmitter, audio level, signal strength, and more.
True Wireless Microphone Ready for Run-and-Gun
- Equipped with a high-caliber, pre-polarized, omnidirectional lavalier built into the transmitter's compact housing, the Wireless GO II delivers quality audio without demanding a separate microphone (external lavalier mics optional).
- The internal capsule's omnidirectional polar pattern ensures reliable audio pickup, even if mic placement is less than ideal; your subject's voice will be captured with clarity, intelligibility, and consistency.
Grab a Mic and Go
- Already have a top-of-the-line external lav? The transmitter packs in a 3.5mm TRS input with plug-in power, so you can connect most lavalier microphones equipped with a non-locking 3.5mm TRS mini plug (such as Rode's own Lavalier GO, available separately), and still enjoy the convenience of the Wireless GO II.
- The 3.5mm TRS external mic input passes wideband audio along to the internal mic preamp, which provides requires no manipulation of settings or parameters.
Sonically Solid and Secure
- Like Rode's popular RODELink wireless systems, the Wireless GO II system utilizes the 2.4 GHz frequency band to get you away from the congested and confusing domain of UHF. Forget about scanning for channels and dialing in squelch to get a strong signal; the Wireless GO II just works!
- Courtesy of Rode's optimized transmission algorithm, the Wireless GO II empowers you with a line-of-sight range of up to 656 feet, and bolsters signal dependability to mitigate drop-outs in crowded short-range environments such as retail stores, malls, office buildings, and hotels.
- Rode's new Series IV 2.4 GHz digital transmission incorporates 128-bit encryption for security, stability, and hassle-free operation while bypassing the frustration of dealing with licenses and frequency mandates. Go anywhere in the world with the Wireless GO II; it automatically gives you a strong signal no matter the scenario.
- Note: For optimal performance from this 2.4 GHz system, users are encouraged to maintain as direct a line of sight as possible between the transmitter and receiver. The Wireless GO II is not backward-compatible with the original Wireless GO system.
Works with Rode Connect
- The Wireless GO II can be fully integrated with Rode Connect software, allowing you to capture broadcast-grade sound for your content with more freedom and flexibility than ever before, perfect for IRL streaming, recording presentations or classes, and more.
- Using the Wireless GO II with Rode Connect is also ideal for podcasting applications where you require the freedom of wireless audio, from recording interviews to casual podcasting setups.
- Rode Connect allows two Wireless GO IIs to be connected to a single computer. Each transmitter can be allocated to its own channel in the software for a total of four separate wireless audio streams, each with an individual level meter, as well as solo and mute buttons. The Wireless GO II can also be used in conjunction with the NT-USB Mini within Rode Connect.
- The receiver's 3.5mm TRS output sends a mic-level signal, making it compatible with an array of devices such as DSLRs and portable audio recorders.
- A 3-stage level control (0, -12, or -24 dB) on the receiver allows simple and effective optimization of signal levels. Use the app to adjust the level in 3 dB increments from 0 to -30 dB.
- View transmitter and receiver battery levels on the receiver's bright, high-contrast display.
- Operate up to four systems simultaneously for more complex setups including up to eight microphones.
- Includes the SC5 3.5mm TRS "memory" cable for tidy cable management and compatibility with cameras, DSLRs, and portable audio recorders. Plug into your smartphone or tablet via an SC7 TRS-to-TRRS cable (available separately), or snag a VXLR adapter (available separately) for hookup to an XLR-equipped video camera or audio recorder.
- Internal lithium-ion polymer batteries offer up to seven hours of battery life to handle long shoots.
- USB Type-C ports for battery recharging, powering via external USB battery packs (available separately), and firmware updates.
- Easily recharge over lunch and dinner breaks—go from empty to a full charge in just two hours.
- Includes three USB Type-C to USB Type-A cables for simultaneously charging the transmitter and receiver.
- Includes three furry windshields to minimize noise from wind and rustling clothes. These have been redesigned with a secure screw-lock bayonet attachment method to eliminate slippage.