What's in the Box
- Rode Vlogger Kit Universal Filmmaking Kit for Smartphones with 3.5mm Ports
- Rode VideoMicro Ultracompact Camera-Mount Shotgun Microphone
- Rycote Lyre Suspension Mount
- Rode WS9 Deluxe Windshield for Rode VideoMicro & VideoMic Me-L
- Rode SC7 3.5mm Right-Angle TRS to 3.5mm Right-Angle TRRS Coiled Adapter Cable for Smartphone
- SmartGrip phone holder and compact tripod stand
- Rode DCS-1 Dual Cold Shoe Mount
- MicroLED On-Camera Light
- Clip-On Diffuser
- 8 x Colored Filters
- USB Type-C Cable
- Limited 1-Year Warranty, Extendable to 2 Years upon Online Registration
Expand your online impact by shooting your vlogs, livestreams, YouTube videos, and social media posts with the Rode Vlogger Kit Universal, a complete package designed specifically for hassle-free, high-quality audio and video recording to any smartphone with a 3.5mm port.
This bundle features the Rode VideoMicro ultracompact camera-mount shotgun microphone, an on-camera light with a diffuser and eight colored filters, a tripod, a phone holder, and the required accessories to make it all work. Equipped with the Vlogger Kit Universal, your smartphone can transform into a portable and convenient production system that provides markedly improved caliber of sound and picture.
Since the VideoMicro runs on plug-in power and has no controls or switches, it serves as a simple and reliable microphone that's ideal for filmmakers who can't be slowed down by intricate configuration. Plus, it comes with a detachable shock-absorbing suspension mount, which effectively reduces vibration and handling noise. Shooting outdoors? Slip the supplied furry windshield over the mic to tame wind noise and achieve cleaner audio recordings.
Setting up the Kit
What You Get
The Vlogger Kit Universal comes with everything you need (and more) to easily start recording quality video and audio with your smartphone, so you can shoot your next vlog, Instagram story, Facebook Live session, YouTube special, or behind-the-scenes footage looking and sounding better than ever.
- VideoMicro ultracompact camera-mount shotgun microphone
- Rycote Lyre shock-absorbing suspension mount
- WS9 furry windshield to drastically reduce wind noise
- SC7 microphone-to-smartphone connection cable
- SmartGrip phone holder and compact tripod stand
- MicroLED on-camera light with clip-on diffuser and eight colored filters
- DCS-1 dual cold shoe mount holds microphone and MicroLED light
- USB Type-C cable for recharging the MicroLED on-camera light
How It Works
Unbox the Vlogger Kit Universal with confidence, knowing that all you have to supply is your smartphone and an idea for your next shoot. In a handful of simple steps, you'll be set up and ready to roll.
- Affix the dual cold shoe mount to the phone holder, then mount the phone holder atop the tripod stand
- Attach the MicroLED light and the microphone (in its suspension mount) to the dual cold shoe mount
- Secure your smartphone in the phone holder and use the coiled cable to connect the mic to your phone (TRS plug into the mic, TRRS plug into the phone)
- Turn on the MicroLED light, open your app of choice, and begin filming
Durable and Small
At just 3" long and 1.5 ounces light, the VideoMicro is an unobtrusive companion for your smartphone. Its ceramic coating mitigates glare and its durable aluminum body aids in RF rejection.
Shotgun Mic with Directional Sound Pickup
Whereas most built-in smartphone microphones pick up sound from all directions, this microphone utilizes a cardioid polar pattern to focus on sound in front of it while attenuating sound entering from the rear. Its active electronics and directional condenser element deliver more detailed audio than the mics typically found in mobile devices.
Easy Hookup to Smartphone
The SC7 detachable coiled 3.5mm TRS to TRRS cable is supplied for fast hookup to any smartphone with a 3.5mm headphone port. The cable is wired to ensure that the mic signal is correctly routed to the input of your phone.
Runs on Plug-In Power
Since the VideoMicro runs on plug-in power, no batteries are required to operate it. Just connect the microphone to your smartphone and forget about swapping or charging batteries.
Detachable Shockmount Inhibits Vibrations
Understanding that the rubber bands used in many shockmounts can snap and stretch, Rode chose to utilize a rugged Rycote Lyre suspension-style shockmount. This simplifies setup of the mic and inhibits the transfer of vibrations from your mobile phone. Plus, the bottom of the shockmount features a camera shoe mount, ensuring easy attachment to the supplied DCS-1 dual cold shoe mount.
Furry Windshield Minimizes Wind Noise
The VideoMicro includes a furry windshield to minimize unwanted wind noise from breezes, fans, heaters, and air conditioners.
|Form Factor||Camera-Mount / Stand/Boom Mount|
|Operating Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Capsule||1 x Electret Condenser|
|Diaphragm||0.5" / 12.70 mm|
|Frequency Range||100 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||140 dB SPL|
|Off-Axis Rejection||2 dB at 60°
14 dB at 120°
24 dB at 180°
|Sensitivity||-33 dBV/Pa at 1 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||120 dB|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||75 dB A-Weighted|
|Equivalent Noise Level||20 dB A-Weighted|
|Output Connectors (Analog)||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female (on Mic)
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRRS Male (on Detachable Cable)
|Operating Voltage||3 to 12 V|
|Mounting||Camera-Mount, Shockmount (with Included Hardware)|
|Dimensions||ø: 0.83 x L: 3.15" / ø: 21 x L: 80 mm (Microphone)|
|Weight||1.48 oz / 42 g (Microphone)|