What's in the Box
- RODE VideoMic Pro+ Compact Directional On-camera Microphone
- Rycote Lyre Suspension Mount
- LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Micro-USB Cable
- 3.5mm TRS Cable
- 10 Year Manufacturers Warranty with Product Registration
- On-Stage MS7701B Euro-Boom Mic Stand (Black)
- On-Stage Stands MA-100 3/8" male to 5/8" female adapter
- Hosa MHE-125 Headphone Extension Cable 3.5 mm TRS to 3.5 mm TRS 25 ft
The RØDE VideoMic Pro+ is a new addition to the best-in-market on-camera category. It is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.
Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features.
Automatic Power Function (with plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze - plus it won't get lost.
Power options the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB.
Digital Switching - will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times.
The Digital Switching includes:
- 2-Stage High Pass Filter to reduce low frequencies such as rumble from traffic or air conditioning
- 3-Stage Gain Control, with +20dB function – designed to improve audio quality on DSLR or mirrorless cameras
- High Frequency Boost will boost high frequencies enhancing detail and clarity in the recording
- Safety Channel to help ensure the signal does not clip when unexpected spikes occur
The Rode VideoMic Pro Plus is a supercardioid condenser shotgun microphone with an integrated Rycote Lyre shockmount, a built-in rechargeable battery, an improved response over its predecessor (20 Hz to 20 kHz), and improved RF-immunity as well. The microphone can be used to capture audio for camcorders, DSLR, and portable recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.
The VideoMic Pro Plus sports a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack termination, outputs a dual-mono signal, and provides a TRS cable to make the connection. A micro-USB cable is also supplied, which can be used to draw bus-power. The microphone's supercardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimized, and that your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera. Its inherent low-noise circuitry ensures you will not pick up any sound from the microphone's robust innards. The microphone boasts +20 dB settings for DSLR cameras, a flat setting for high-quality preamps, and a -10 dB pad.
Other features abound, such as an Automatic Power Function, a built-in battery door, and a high-pass filter with cuts at 75 Hz and 150 Hz. The filter will prevent low-end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being picked up on the resulting track. If you're unsure how loud the audio you're capturing might be, you can set the right channel to record at a lower level for safety. A selectable high-frequency boost is also available.
To power the VideoMic Pro Plus, you can use two AA batteries, the micro-USB cable, or the built-in rechargeable LB-1 lithium-ion battery, which lasts 100 hours on a single charge. This microphone features an auto-powering feature which helps you save battery life by powering on with a mic cable is connected and powering off when it isn't.
- Automatic Power Function with plug-in power
- Power via LB-1, 2 x AA Batteries, Micro USB
- Ships with LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, Detachable 3.5mm TRS Cable, Micro USB Cable
- Built-in Battery Door
- Optimised Windshield Shape
- LED indicator for power source and charging / discharging status
- USB micro port for charging removeable LB-1 Battery
- Digital Switching
- Audio Level adjustment
- Dual high pass filter options
- High frequency boost
- Dual mono unbalanced output
- Safety channel option on right channel
- Ambient light detect to boost LED brightness
- Low noise circuitry
- Improved RF immunity
- Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting onboard
The black MS7701B from On-Stage is a professional mic stand and boom. It features a stable tripod base with a folding design for convenient storage and travel. It has a Euro-style clutch for single-handed angle adjustments. The stand height is adjustable and the boom is removable for customization, and the composite steel and plastic construction provides lasting durability. Stable tripod base with a folding design for convenient storage and travel Euro-style clutch for single-handed angle adjustments Stand height is adjustable and the boom is removable for customization Composite steel and plastic construction provides lasting durability.
- Stable tripod base with a folding design for convenient storage and travel
- Euro-style clutch for single-handed angle adjustments
- Stand height is adjustable and the boom is removable for customization
- Composite steel and plastic construction provides lasting durability
The MA100 from On-Stage is a 3/8" male to 5/8" female screw adapter. This adapter allows you to attach items that utilize a 3/8" female thread onto Microphone stands with a 5/8" male thread.
The Hosa Stereo Mini Male to Stereo Mini Female Cable is a general purpose 25' long extension cable with mini (3.5mm) connections at both ends. This cable is designed to extend the reach of hard-wired headphones with a mini stereo phone plug. It may also be used as a stereo extension cable.
- Nickel-plated contacts for rugged durability and efficient signal transfer
- Oxygen-Free Copper (OFC) conductors for enhanced signal clarity
- OFC spiral shield for effective EMI and RFI rejection and flexibility
|Acoustic Principle||Line Gradient|
|Active Electronics||JFET impedance converter|
|Frequency Range||20Hz - 20kHz (selected HPF @75Hz/150Hz)|
|Maximum Output Level||7.7dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)|
|Sensitivity||-33.6dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (21.20mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||14dB-A|
|Dimensions||111mmH x 66mmW x 170mmD|