This listing includes a RODE VideoMic, Mico Boom Pole, Fuzzy Dead Thing Wind Muff, and 10' VC1 Cable!
The VideoMic from Rode is a cost effective shotgun microphone that can easily be mounted on a video camera because it features an integrated shockmount that attaches to the camera's shoe. The VideoMic is lightweight, and when mounting on a camera it does not appear in the frame. Its super-cardioid polar pattern attenuates sounds from the sides. The result is a signal that sounds closer to the camera, even when shooting in noisy environments or at moderate distances.
Replaceable rubber O-rings suspend the microphone on the shockmount and protect against noise due to movement and handling. An attached, coiled cable terminates to a 1/8" (3.5mm) mini output connection. The VideoMic features a condenser element that utilizes a standard 9 Volt battery (sold separately). The microphone will run for approximately 100 hours on a single battery. This microphone was used in the making of the low-budget blockbuster hit film Paranormal Activity. If you're wondering if you can get good sound with the VideoMic, wonder no more.
- Barrel Canceling Pick Up: The Rode Video Mic functions as a true line plus gradient microphone with a super-cardioid pattern in the front and a barrel that cancels side-audio. The result is maximum pick up of the source in highly ambient and noisy environments.
- Integrated Shock-Mount: The VideoMic features a permanently attached shock mount with a camera mounting shoe underneath. The shock mount features replaceable rubber o-rings that protect against noise caused by abrupt movement and shock.
- High Pass Filter Switch: A high-pass filter switch eliminates room ambiance and noise below 80Hz. This results in improved intelligibility while recording around machinery, wind or close proximities.
- Internal Power: The condenser element is powered with a standard 9-volt battery for up to 100 hours (approximately).
The Fuzzy Dead Thing Wind Muff is intended to be used as an extra layer of wind protection; fitting over existing foam windscreens and plastic windshields. This Windsock is made of top-grade synthetic fur and measures 1.96 x 7.08" (50 x 180mm), which allows it to fit snugly over the Rode Video Mic and windscreen. The Wind Muff greatly reduces wind noise when recording in windy conditions.
The Rode Mini Phone VideoMic Cable is a 10' long extension cable that can be used to position the VideoMic up to 10' away from the video camera. For the most of its length this cable is straight, but also features a short coiled section on the side of the mic connection.
The Micro Boompole from Rode is a convenient and portable, 3-piece boom pole. Lightweight and precision balanced, the anodized aluminum pole features intuitive twist locks for smooth extension. This boom pole extends up to 6.75ft.
- Three section boom pole
- Precision balanced anodized aluminum construction
- Intuitive lock/release system
- Ergonomic grip handle