What's in the Box:
- RODE NTG-8 RF-bias Long Shotgun Microphone
- RODE SM8 Shock Mount for Long Shotgun Microphones
- RODE WSNTG8 Windscreen
- RODE RCNTG8 Storage Cylinder
- 10 Year Manufacturers Warranty with Product Registration
The Rode NTG-8 Precision Broadcast-Grade Long Shotgun Microphone picks up on the tradition of the NTG-3 shotgun microphone with broadcast quality performance, uniform directionality and durable construction. The long NTG-8 measures 22" (559mm) in length and features a true condenser, supercardioid, external RF biased element with a high resistance to humidity and adverse weather conditions.
Its extended length makes it a viable choice for achieving high levels of intelligibility, detail and low noise during wide camera shots, or while positioned further from the signal source. The NTG-8's frequency response, sensitivity and dynamic range make it outstanding in audio for video, feature film, documentaries, live broadcasts and much more. The microphone is phantom powered (externally) and includes a windscreen, shockmount and aluminum storage cylinder.
Based on RØDE's award winning NTG3 shotgun microphone, the NTG8 is a broadcast quality RF-bias shotgun microphone that exhibits increased directionality across a wide frequency response range. This makes the NTG8 the perfect microphone for film, television, sports and outdoor broadcasting, live performance, and any professional distance miking application.
Like the NTG3, the NTG8 features low self-noise, natural sound without colouration both on and off-axis, and RF bias technology to ensure that it is almost completely resistant to high humidity environments which could cause other condenser microphones to fail.
The NTG8 is finished in matte black and supplied with a specially designed shock mount (SM8) that is engineered to provide excellent handling noise isolation, cable management and versatile mounting options for the microphone. A rugged weatherproof aluminium cylinder is also included, providing ultimate protection for the microphone when in transport or storage.
The WSNTG8 windshield completes the package, providing light environmental protection.
The RØDE NTG8 long shotgun microphone is designed in Australia and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Superior broadcast sound quality
- High Sensitivity
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- Highly directional polar response
- Natural sounding audio both on and off-axis
- Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- Extremely low handling noise
- High level of immunity to radio frequency interference
- True Condenser (external RF biased)
- Includes weatherproof aluminium cylinder for transport, SM8 shock mount and wind shield
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
|Acoustic Principle||Line Gradient|
|Active Electronics||RF Bias|
|Frequency Range||40Hz - 20kHz|
|Maximum SPL||124dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)|
|Maximum Output Level||8.2mV|
|Sensitivity||-20.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (97.50mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||8dB-A|
|Dimensions||559.00mmH x 19.00mmW x 19.00mmD|
|Warranty||1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration with manufacturer|