The Rode NTG-3 Shotgun Microphone is a professional shotgun microphone that delivers a few unique qualities in order to meet the demands of today's broadcast audio engineers and boom operators. The microphone features radio-frequency (RF) interference properties that avoid annoying noise and interference caused by nearby RF sources such as radio antennas, WIFI networks, internet devices, power lines, etc. The microphone is also built to withstand the rigors of adverse weather conditions.
Of course special attention is paid to the accurate, directional pickup characteristics and its frequency response, sensitivity and low noise floor, which result in pristine audio quality. The NTG-3 shotgun microphone is an ideal solution for outdoor ENG and studio applications.
- RF Rejection
- The microphone features radio-frequency (RF) interference properties that avoid annoying noise and interference caused by nearby RF sources such as radio antennas, WIFI networks, internet devices, power lines, etc.
- Withstands Adverse Conditions
- The microphone is constructed to withstand adverse weather conditions for more stable use outdoors.
- Supercardioid Line+Gradient Pickup
- The supercardioid, shotgun characteristics provide excellent off-axis rejection, focused pickup and longer range.
The Rode PG2 Pistol Grip Shock Mount is an ergonomically designed handheld shotgun microphone mount that suppresses handling and shock noise. The mount provides convenient handheld operation of Rode and third party microphones, and features a 3/8" threaded base for boom mounted operation.
Two interchangeable rubber shock mounts are provided and accommodate microphone diameters of 0.74 - 0.78" (19 - 20mm) and 0.82 - 0.88" (21 - 22.5mm). The PG2 also allows XLR cables to be inserted into the grip itself without having to remove the connectors.
The Rode WS7 Deluxe Windshield provides excellent noise protection against high wind and adverse weather conditions.