The Rode NTG-3 Shotgun Microphone is a professional shotgun microphone that delivers a few unique qualities in order to meet the demands of today's broadcast audio engineers and boom operators. The microphone features radio-frequency (RF) interference properties that avoid annoying noise and interference caused by nearby RF sources such as radio antennas, WIFI networks, internet devices, power lines, etc. The microphone is also built to withstand the rigors of adverse weather conditions.
Of course special attention is paid to the accurate, directional pickup characteristics and its frequency response, sensitivity and low noise floor, which result in pristine audio quality. The NTG-3 shotgun microphone is an ideal solution for outdoor ENG and studio applications.
- RF Rejection
- The microphone features radio-frequency (RF) interference properties that avoid annoying noise and interference caused by nearby RF sources such as radio antennas, WIFI networks, internet devices, power lines, etc.
- Withstands Adverse Conditions
- The microphone is constructed to withstand adverse weather conditions for more stable use outdoors.
- Supercardioid Line+Gradient Pickup
- The supercardioid, shotgun characteristics provide excellent off-axis rejection, focused pickup and longer range.
The Rode Blimp Windscreen and Suspension System is a professional, adjustable windscreen and shockmount solution for popular shotgun microphones measuring up to 12.79" (325mm) in length.
The system is comprised of a professional pistol-grip with dual hoop suspension mounts that may be adjusted anywhere on the support bar. A short XLR cable provides an XLR connection at the base of the grip and connection to the microphone. The Rode blimp windshield basket cradles the suspension mounts, and a fur windscreen covers the entire windshield basket.
The entire system is designed for handheld operation, and a 3/8" thread at the base of the grip allows the system to be boom mounted as well.