What's in the Box:
- RODE NT6 Compact 1/2" Condenser Microphone with Remote Capsule
- RODE RM5 Durable Microphone Clip
- RODE WS5 Pop Filter/Wind Shield
- RODE ZP1 Padded Zip Pouch
- Swivel mount (2-axis)
- 10' Kevlar Cable (Between Capsule and Body)
- 1/4" to 5/8" Thread Adapter
- 1/4" to 3/8" Thread Adapter
- 10 Year Manufacturers Warranty with Product Registration
The RØDE NT6 is specifically designed for difficult mounting applications. Although clearly relevant to instrument miking, the new NT6 is extremely well suited to any situation where a small 'unobtrusive' but powerful microphone system is required.
The 1/2" (externally biased) gold sputtered capsule is designed to attach to a custom made, multi-position swivel mount allowing it to be independently positioned with ease. The capsule is connected to the remote pre-amplifier (body) by a custom 3m Kevlar® fibre reinforced cable.
The surface-mount pre-amplifier circuit also incorporates a two position variable pad: 0 dB and -10 dB attenuation, and a 2-position variable high-pass filter that enables you to step from a flat response to 80Hz high pass filter; both conveniently located away from the capsule, providing additional control without the need to move the capsule once in position.
The RØDE NT6 is an extremely compact 1/2" cardioid condenser microphone, specifically designed for difficult mounting applications where the highest quality audio is required.
Although clearly relevant to instrument miking, the NT6 is extremely well suited to any situation where an unobtrusive but powerful microphone is required such as location recording.
The microphone is split into two modular components, joined by via a custom 3m (10') shielded, Kevlar® reinforced cable.
Featuring a gold-sputtered, true-condenser capsule, the NT6 capsule head measures 45mm (1.8”) in length and weighs only 42gm (1.5oz). The included all-metal, multi-position mounting ring provides 180 degrees of vertical rotation.
The NT6 preamp-body incorporates both a high-pass filter and pad setting. The high-pass filter can be introduced to cut vibration, rumble and undesired sounds sources under 80Hz, while the PAD offers a -10dB level attenuation, useful when recording louder sound sources.
The NT6's small form factor make it an ideal small diaphragm cardioid microphone for use in the Mid-Side (M/S) stereo array, in combination with a figure-8 large diaphragm microphone such as the NT2-A, NT2000 or K2.
The NT6 is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE's industry leading 10 year warranty.
- 1/2” condenser capsule with remote preamp
- Gold sputtered externally biased condenser
- Two position PAD - 0dB and -10dB
- Two position High Pass Filter - flat and 80Hz
- Includes two-axis swivel mount, 3m Kevlar® fibre reinforced cable, windshield and zip pouch
- Heavy duty satin-nickel plated body
- Low noise and full frequency response
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
|Acoustic Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Active Electronics||JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer|
|Frequency Range||40Hz - 20kHz|
|Maximum SPL||135dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)|
|Maximum Output Level||6.0mV|
|Sensitivity||-37.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||19dB-A|
|Dimensions||189.00mmH x 64.00mmW x 20.00mmD|
|Warranty||1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration with manufacturer|