**Authorized reseller! Item was inspected and tested in shop. It is in perfect condition. Includes manufacturers warranty!**
The RODE Blimp is a complete windshield and shock mounting accessory for the NTG-1, NTG-2 and NTG-3 microphones, as well as any third party shotgun microphone up to 325 mm in length.
Now featuring the Rycote Lyre suspension system, the Blimp provides the ultimate in microphone suspension and isolation. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap. The Blimp's handle has also been completely redesigned, reducing the product weight significantly, while increasing the ergonomics for handheld use. Housed inside the grip is a heavy-duty Mogami cable which splits via a junction box to a highly-flexible thin cable inside the Blimp, to minimize the transference of vibration to the microphone.
With the lightweight design of the handle and suspension system, the new Blimp design is over 25% lighter (550 g without microphone or Dead Wombat fitted). The Blimp attaches to any standard boompole via 3/8" thread attachment at the base. The Universal Blimp Mount is available as an option to remove the handle when the Blimp is being used primarily on a boompole to reduce weight. The Dead Wombat windshield, caring brush and tail/patch cable are included.
RODE Blimp - Features:
- Greatly reduces handling and wind noise
- Accommodates most shotgun microphones up to 325 mm (12 3/4") in length
- Adjustable dual hoop suspension system
- Dead Wombat windshield and tail cable included
- AKG: C568EB, C568B, C480B CK61/62/63
- Audio Technica: AT4073a, AT875R, AT897, BP4029, AT 835ST
- Azden: SGM-1000, SGM-1X, SGM-2X (short barrel only)
- Beyerdynamic: MC 836, MCE 86 II, MCE 86 S II
- DPA: 4017
- Edirol/Roland: CS-50
- Neumann: KMR81I, RSM191
- RODE: NTG-1, NTG-2, NTG-3
- Sanken: CS1, CS3, CSS55
- Schoeps: CMD 2U, CMIT 5U
- Sennheiser: MKH 20 P48, MKH 30 P48, MKH 40 P48, MKH 50, P48, MKH 60-1, MKH 416, P48, MKH 418 S, ME60, ME62, ME64, ME66
- Sony: ECM-678, ECM-673, ECM-674 ,ECM-680S, ECM-670, ECM-672
- Diameter: 4.9 in | 125 mm
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 11.2 x 19.3 x 4.9 in | 285 x 490 x 125 mm
- Weight: 1.2 lbs | 550 g