Chromatte is a fabric designed specifically for use as a background for chroma key production. Unlike conventional chroma key fabrics that are usually blue or green in colour, in ambient light Chromatte is grey to the eye. The fabric contains millions of tiny glass beads that act as reflectors: when any light – such as the directional light from Reflecmedia’s lens-mounted LiteRing – hits the fabric, it is returned on the same path back into the camera’s lens. This retro-reflectice process means the camera ‘sees’ the apparently grey fabric as a perfectly even blue or green background.
Chromatte offers unrivalled benefits:
- Lighting: The only light required to light Chromatte comes from the LiteRing.
- Ease of use: Quick, simple, effective and consistent.
- Portability: Reflecmedia’s ChromaFlex takes the chroma key shoot out of the studio.
- Adaptability: Chromatte drapes and panels can be custom manufactured o fit virtually any environment.
- Flexibility: Reflecmedia’s LiteRing colour determines whether the production is shot against blue screen or green screen. If circumstances change and the alternative colour is required, the LiteRing can simply be exchanged without any need for repainting or relighting.
- Space: Chromatte can be installed into the largest of studios or the smallest office – there is no ‘spill’ in a Chromatte installation.
- Time: Unlike conventional chroma key installations, installing Chromatte takes very little time, freeing up production time to concentrate on other elements like scene composition.