What's in the Box
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA RED RANGER with HELIUM 8K S35 Sensor (V-Mount)
- RED RANGER BRAIN with HELIUM 8K S35 Sensor
- Production Top Handle
- LCD/EVF Adapter D
- 24 VAC Adapter with 3-Pin, 24V XLR Cable
- PL Mount with Shims
- Hex and Torx Tools
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
Configured for rigorous use, the all-in-one PL-mount RED RANGER with HELIUM 8K S35 Sensor is an 8K solution from RED DIGITAL CINEMA for rental house and high-end production use, as well as for individual users. Built around the HELIUM 8K S35 35.4MP CMOS sensor, this kit features a shimmed PL mount, a V-mount battery plate, integrated I/O ports including 12 and 24V output, additional SDI and AUX power outputs, built-in 5-pin XLR audio input, and improved fan and thermal performance.
Advancing beyond the RED DRAGON 8K VV sensor, the HELIUM 8K S35 offers a wide dynamic range of 16.5+ stops and improved image quality with exceptional shadow detail. Use full-frame lenses to capture cinematic images at rates up to 60 fps in 8192 x 4320 8K, 75 fps in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio, 120 fps in 4K, and up to 240 fps in 2K.
Record full-frame video in REDCODE RAW (R3D) and ProRes or DNxHR/HD simultaneously, or capture minutely detailed 35.4MP still images. With up to 4x greater resolution than 4K capture and over 17x more than HD, the WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 provides the detail that enables cropping, re-centering, and additional tweaking during post while maintaining vivid, crisp imagery. Data rates of up to 300 MB/s can be reached when using 480 or 960GB MINI-MAGs, or up to 225 MB/s with 120 or 240GB MINI-MAGs (available separately).
In addition to the PL-mount RED RANGER BRAIN, this kit includes the Production Top Handle, a 24 VAC adapter and power cable, and compatible hex and Torx tools.
- 35.4MP, 29.90 x 15.77mm full-frame CMOS sensor for up to 8K-resolution images
- 16.5-stop dynamic range, with improved image quality and greater shadow detail
- Multiple capture rates including up to 60 fps 8K, 120 fps in 4K, and 240 fps in 2K full format
- Versatile workflow options with REDCODE RAW, ProRes, and DNx recording
- Durable aluminum body
- Up to 300 MB/s data rates with 480 or 960GB, or 225 MB/s with 120 or 240GB MINI-MAGs
- Integrated XLR audio input
- PL lens mount with shims
- Production top handle
- V-mount battery mount
- 24 VAC adapter with cable
- Hex and Torx tools