What's in the Box
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA RED RANGER with GEMINI 5K S35 Sensor (V-Mount)
- RED RANGER BRAIN with GEMINI 5K S35 Sensor
- RED RANGER BRAIN Case
- Production Top Handle
- LCD/EVF Adapter D
- 24 VAC Adapter with 3-Pin, 24V XLR Cable
- PL Mount with Shims
- Hex and Torx Tools
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
Configured for rigorous studio use, the versatile PL-Mount RED RANGER with GEMINI 5K S35 Sensor is a 5K solution from RED DIGITAL CINEMA for rental house and high-end production use, as well as for individual users. Built around the GEMINI 5K S35 15.4MP CMOS sensor, this kit features a shimmed PL mount, a V-mount battery plate, integrated I/O ports including 12 and 24V output, additional SDI and AUX power outputs, built-in 5-pin XLR audio input, and improved fan and thermal performance.
The GEMINI 5K S35 offers a wide dynamic range of 16.5+ stops and improved image quality with exceptional shadow detail. Use full-frame lenses to capture cinematic images at rates up to 75 fps in 5120 x 3000 5K, 120 fps in the 2.4:1 5K aspect ratio, 120 fps in 4K full format, and up to 300 fps in 2K 2:4:1 aspect ratio.
Record full-frame video in REDCODE RAW (R3D) and ProRes or DNxHR/HD simultaneously, or capture minutely detailed 15.4MP still images. With greater resolution than 4K capture and over 17x more than HD, the GEMINI 5K S35 provides the detail that enables cropping, re-centering, and additional tweaking during post while maintaining vivid, crisp imagery. Data rates of up to 300 MB/s can be reached when using 480 or 960GB MINI-MAGs, or up to 225 MB/s with 120 or 240GB MINI-MAGs (available separately).
In addition to the PL-mount RED RANGER BRAIN, this kit includes a BRAIN case, the Production Top Handle, a 24 VAC adapter and power cable, and compatible hex and Torx tools.
- 15.4MP, 30.72 x 18.0mm full-frame CMOS sensor for up to 5K-resolution images
- 16.5-stop dynamic range, with improved image quality and greater shadow detail
- Multiple capture rates including up to 60 fps 5K, 120 fps in 4K, and 240 fps in 2K full format
- Versatile workflow options with REDCODE RAW, ProRes, and DNx recording
- Durable aluminum body
- Up to 300 MB/s data rates with separately available 480 or 960GB, or 225 MB/s with 120 or 240GB MINI-MAGs
- Integrated 5-pin XLR audio input
- PL lens mount with shims
- Production top handle
- V-mount battery plate
- 24 VAC adapter with cable
- Hex and Torx tools
- BRAIN case