What's in the Box
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA DSMC2 BRAIN with HELIUM 8K S35 Monochrome Sensor (2018 Unified DSMC2 Lineup)
- Standard OLPF
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA Case for DSMC2 Camera BRAIN
- RED DIGITAL CINEMA DSMC Front Body Cap
- DSMC AC Power Adapter
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
The HELIUM 8K S35 Monochrome DSMC2 BRAIN from RED DIGITAL CINEMA is part of RED's 2018 unified DSMC2 lineup. It captures rich, 8K resolution black-and-white footage. Housed in the modular DSMC2 camera body, the monochrome CMOS sensor features a dynamic range of 16.5 stops, and the ability to record in REDCODE RAW (R3D) and ProRes or DNxHR/HD simultaneously. Capture black-and-white (monochrome) images at rates up to 60 fps in full-format 8K 8192 x 4320, or overcrank up to 75 fps in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio; additional frame rate choices include 120 fps in 4K, and up to 240 fps in 2K full format.
With up to 4x greater resolution than 4K capture and over 17x more than HD, the HELIUM 8K S35 Monochrome provides the detail that enables cropping, re-centering, and additional tweaking in your post process while maintaining vivid, crisp imagery. Data rates up to 300 MB/s can be reached when using 480 or 960 GB MINI-MAGs, or up to 225 MB/s with 120 or 240 GB MINI-MAGs (available separately).
The HELIUM 8K S35 Monochrome's DSMC2 form is compatible with separately available RED DSMC2 and third-party components including cable-free OLEDs, wireless remote control, media stations, power options, and various mounting solutions. A standard OLPF (optical low-pass filter) is included with the BRAIN, providing IR protection and glare reduction.
The DSMC2 BRAIN itself does not have a DC In power port. A port expander or power module is required to power the camera. To construct a working configuration for any BRAIN, RED recommends an expander, battery, lens mount, display, and media.
- 35.4MP S35 CMOS sensor for up to 8K-resolution black-and-white (monochrome) images
- Multiple capture rates including up to 60 fps 8K, 120 fps in 4K, and 240 fps in 2K Full Format
- Versatile workflow options with REDCODE RAW, ProRes, and DNx recording
- Aluminum alloy DSMC2 form factor
- Up to 300 MB/s data rates with 480 or 960 GB, or 225 MB/s with 120 or 240 GB MINI-MAGs
- Compatible with separately available DSMC2 components and accessories