What's in the Box
- Nimbus WiMi6220 Wireless 3G-SDI & HDMI H.264 Encoder/Decoder Set
- WiMi6220 Transmitter
- WiMi6220 Receiver
- 3 x 6 dBi Bar Antenna for Transmitter
- 3 x 6 dBi Bar Antenna for Receiver
- 2 x RJ45 Adapter for RS-422
- V-Mount Battery Plate
- Nimbus DCA12M Mini 12 VDC Adapter for WiMi6220, WiMi5150A, and WiMi5200
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
The WiMi6220 Wireless 3G-SDI & HDMI H.264 Encoder/Decoder Set from Nimbus is a point-to-point Wi-Fi transmission system with a 4921' range and only 80ms latency. With both units featuring built-in 5 GHz Wi-Fi, no additional network connection is required.
The transmitter encodes and sends up to a 1080p60 SDI or HDMI signal as an H.264 encoded signal, and the receiver decodes and outputs it as video. The benefit of H.264 encoding is that you can locate the WiMi6220 Wi-Fi signal from a computer and live-stream the H.264 video in Full HD to RTSP destinations during the transmission. Up to four receivers in total can be paired with the transmitter for multicast operation over the same range and with the same near-zero delay.
An Ethernet port is provided on each unit for CCU/PTZ camera control. This port can also be used for wired connectivity and 1080p60 transmission to the receiver, though only at maximum distances allowed by twisted pair cabling. In addition to the 3G/HD/SD-SDI, HDMI, and Ethernet connections, the transmitter and receiver also each feature an RS-422 interface and a two-way talk-back audio jack, which allows connecting a headset mic for communicating to talent.
The set includes one V-mount battery plate for the transmitter and one power adapter for the receiver, although both units support continuous power via 2-pin LEMO inputs. Both units offer a 1/4"-20 mounting thread on the bottom.
- 4921' range over 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- 80ms latency
- 1080p60 SDI/HDMI H.264 encoding
- RTSP streaming server (RTP/UDP)
- MPEG2TS streaming (UDP)
- Relay streaming server (RTSP/MPEG2TS)
- Ethernet ports for CCU/PTZ control or wired connectivity and 1080p60 transmission
- Two-way talk-back audio jacks for headset mic communication
- RS-422 interface
- Baseline profile with level 4.2
- V-mount battery plate and power adapter included
- USB firmware update ports
- 1/4"-20 mounting threads