What's in the Box
- NewTek TriCaster TC1 (2 RU) (Power Cord, Limited 1-Year Warranty)
- NewTek NC1 Studio I/O Module (1 RU) (Limited 1-Year Warranty)
- NewTek IP Series 2-Stripe Control Panel for TriCaster TC1 (Limited 1-Year Warranty)
The NewTek TriCaster TC1 Deluxe Bundle with Control Panel and Studio I/O Module features the 16-input, 2 RU TriCaster TC1 switcher, NC1 Studio I/O Module, and a dedicated, 2-stripe IP series control panel.
The 2 RU TC1 offers 16 NDI and four SDI inputs, and it allows you to use up to 16 simultaneously in any combination. The NDI inputs support sources up to UHD 4K at 59.94 fps, and the SDI inputs support up to 1080p at 59.94 fps. The control panel features a multi-bus configuration that allows you to independently assign control stripes and features a T-bar and LCD label displays. The I/O module bridges your NDI infrastructure by allowing you to switch up to eight channels of SDI or streaming video across your NDI network.
NewTek TriCaster TC1 (2 RU)
Produce professional live and recorded content in SD, HD, or UHD 4K with the NewTek TriCaster TC1. Its 16 potential video sources can be used simultaneously, regardless of resolution. And with NewTek's Network Device Interface (NDI), many types of video sources can be connected directly via standard network infrastructure. The unit itself contains four SDI inputs and outputs for direct connection of broadcast video and audio sources. HDMI, DisplayPort, and DVI can be used for displaying multiview screens. Embedded audio and local XLR or 1/4" balanced audio can be mixed and manipulated using the internal digital audio mixer.
All the performance of the TC1 is available in a compact 2 RU form factor which can be secured with other equipment in a standard equipment rack. Control surfaces, monitors, and NDI video converters can be purchased separately to expand the functionality of the TC1. Whether broadcasting sports, talk shows, concerts, worship services, or anything else, the TriCaster TC1 is a solid center point with which to bring together your broadcast infrastructure.
- Native software-driven processing, for increased production power and flexibility.
- Comprehensive camera coverage and multi-source video mixing, including 16 external inputs and four M/E buses.
- Integrated video servers allowing playback, replay, and live editing without any additional hardware.
- Multichannel ISO recording to full-resolution QuickTime and H.264 files for VOD, post-production, and archival.
UHD 4K Support
Produce programs, performances, events, and live sports in UHD (Ultra High-Definition) 4K resolution with support for native 2160p video at 60 fps. TriCaster TC1 allows you to switch, stream, and record UHD video without compromising the frame rate or the number of available inputs.
Built-In Video Servers
No decks needed—just add your files with two built-in video servers for on-demand and automated playback, including auto-advancing playlists, on-cue instant replay, live-edited highlight reels, and much more. With responsive player controls, presets, real-time editing tools, selectable transitions, and playlist effects, you have everything needed to cue from your stored media.
Multi-Source Video Mixing
With 36 source channels, including 16 external inputs, you can easily create content using any combination of compatible video sources, including 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, and PTZ cameras, mobile devices, Skype TX video calls, computers, gaming systems, streaming media, video files, graphics, images, animations, and more.
Conduct a live Skype video call with any remote guest, anywhere in the world, with the TriCaster TC1's direct Skype TX software integration. The studio-grade version of the popular app, Skype TX enhances the real-time interaction with broadcast quality video and balanced audio, allowing you to present production-ready conversations, interviews, reports, and more—regardless of the caller's device.
Recording and Replay
Capture different angles and record multiple channels of full-resolution video to QuickTime or H.264 files. From archiving the master cut for your content library, to ingesting the raw camera footage for post-production, to caching production extras and presentation materials for on-demand—even capturing real-time highlights for instant replay—the TriCaster TC1 easily handles the work of multiple professional decks without the added expense.
Dual-Channel Live Streaming
Stream live to your choice of new media platforms, including user-friendly presets for Facebook Live, Microsoft Azure, Periscope, Twitch, YouTube Live, and more. With two streaming encoders included, you can easily deliver platform-specific content while opening new sponsorship and revenue opportunities.
Social Media Integration
Share real-time updates and on-demand content across your social media accounts, uploading images and video directly to Facebook, Imgur, LinkedIn, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, and more—complete with comments and hashtags. Plus, with integrated DataLink, you can add posts and photos from your social networks in on-screen graphics, for a truly interactive experience.
Multiple Control Options
With software-based control, a choice of two separately available companion control panels, and optional web-based interface, the TriCaster TC1 is designed to suit the operator and environment for nearly any production.
Live Sound Experience
Set the tone for your production with comprehensive audio integration, including a software-based audio mixer, support for digital, analog, and network audio, professional DSPs, fader control, VU metering, Talk Back communication, and 4x4x4 channel routing to four audio mix outputs.
Increase efficiency and productivity with a comprehensive macro automation system that allows you to record, store, edit, and automate your favorite settings and custom command sequences. You can even choose to run macros manually from any combination of compatible control interfaces—or set the TriCaster TC1 to perform actions automatically.
Consider the screen a blank canvas and unleash your inner artist with multi-bus mix effects, zero-latency video re-entry, real-time animated titles, data-driven graphics, custom animated transitions, a full-motion composition engine, and more.
Real-Time Monitoring and Multiviewers
See everything happening during your production with fully adjustable single-screen or multi-screen monitoring. With three customizable multiviewers, configurable windows and workspace layouts, operator confidence monitors, visual indicators, scopes, and more, you can easily personalize the TriCaster TC1 environment to your preference.
Perfect your presentation with configurable color correction tools, 3D object positioning, and smooth-edge cropping. Apply Picture in Picture effects with optional borders. Use key and fill to produce new composite scenes from different foreground and background elements. Even map live video to moving props and set pieces with real-time motion tracking.
Live Chroma Key
With NewTek's powerful LiveMatte technology built into every source channel and M/E, you have 40 fully configurable keyers to create composite scenes from live video, graphics, and virtual sets for reports, presentations, demonstrations, and more.
Built-In Virtual Sets
Save on studio and set expenses without sacrificing production value. With integrated LiveSet technology, the TriCaster TC1 can transport your talent into professionally designed virtual environments, complete with multiple angles, virtual camera movements, real-time reflections, specular highlights, animated lens flares, and stunning augmented reality effects. Select from more than 30 included virtual sets, purchase your choice of premium ready-made sets, or create endless custom environments with the separately available optional Virtual Set Editor software.
Native support for input of compatible iOS mobile devices via Apple AirPlay
Configurable for up to four independent video mix outputs, with simultaneous delivery via IP and SDI
Dual resolution-independent streaming video outputs, independently configurable, with simultaneous stream archive
Integrated DataLink technology enabling real-time automated data input from internal and external sources, including web pages, spreadsheets, scoreboards, databases, RSS feeds, watch files, XML, CSV, ASCII, and more
Record, store, edit, and automate commands and user-configured operation sequences
- Attach to control panel buttons, keyboard shortcuts, hotspots, MIDI and X-keys buttons, or GPI triggers
- Attach to internal events and state changes, including audio, media playback, tally, and specific switcher actions
- Supports control via web-based interface
Grab full-resolution, deinterlaced still images from external video sources and outputs
Export video and image files to social media, FTP, local or external volumes, and network servers, with optional transcoding
Integrated multichannel audio mixer with support for quad-channel audio, DSPs, and 4x4x4 audio input routing
- Native support for network audio input and output via NDI
- Embedded audio supported for all NDI input and output video signals
- Integrated support for Dante networking protocol from Audinate (requires separately available Dante Virtual Soundcard license from Audinate)
- Support for AES67 protocol via compatible WDM audio drivers (requires separately available third-party virtual sound card license)
Wide Media File Format Support
Import, store, and play back multimedia files, with optional transcoding, including:
- Video: AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, FLV, F4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, WebM, and more
- Image: PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, JPEG-XR, JPEG2000, EXR, RAW, TIF, WebP, and more
- Audio: AIFF, MP3, WAV, and more
Support for up to three multiviewer displays with configurable workspaces and viewports
Integrated waveform and vectorscope, full field rate with digital calibration, color preview, and support for ITU-R Rec. 709
NewTek NC1 Studio I/O Module (1 RU)
NewTek's NC1 Studio I/O Module is the bridge to your NDI infrastructure. Able to translate up to eight channels of SDI video (two channels in UHD 4K), this NC1 module can be set up anywhere across your network to transmit and receive SD, HD, or UHD video in a studio environment. Eight mini BNC terminals can connect to video sources, audio sources, decks, or monitors, and can each be configured for input or output. Since the module only needs to attach to your network, you can deploy multiple modules in different locations inside your network, instantly integrating that location into your production. Multiview video can also be locally displayed via HDMI or DVI. This unit mounts in a standard 19" equipment rack, so you can add more units for a greater number of inputs and outputs at a given location.
- Translate up to eight SDI or IP video sources to NDI, and deliver to the network from any location
- Configurable to accept up to two UHD 4K sources up to 60 fps with quad-link SDI
- Mix and match sources, including SDI input devices, as well as RTMP, RTSP, and HTTP streams
- Integrate with compatible systems and devices across your network for switching, streaming, display, and delivery
- Stack modules in a single location or station in multiple locations to meet the demands of your productions
- Built-in video server function with extensive file format support, including full-resolution UHD 4K playback
- Real-time input, conversion, and transmission of common IP video stream formats, including RTMP, RTSP, and HTTP
- Flexible audio integration supporting input and delivery of digital, analog and network audio, including Dante and AES67
Note: Dante and AES67 require separately available virtual sound card licenses
- Dedicated multiviewer with selectable workspace layouts and customizable viewports
- Precision color calibration with independently configurable color correction tools and integrated waveform and vectorscope
- Native-resolution recording to external or network attached storage for archive and post-production
- Remote control and monitoring from the web browser of any networked device, including iOS and Android devices
NewTek IP Series 2-Stripe Control Panel for TriCaster TC1
The IP Series 2-Stripe Control Panel from NewTek is designed for use with the TriCaster TC1. It features IP-based connectivity, with support for multi-engine control over the network. It is a multi-bus operation with independently assignable control stripes. It has precision controls for expert handling of real-time video operations. Furthermore, the panel features practical lighting, variable T-bar illumination, and LCD label displays.
- Intuitive layout mapped to the NewTek IP series video mix engine user interface
- IP-based connectivity, with support for multi-engine control over the network
- Responsive, multi-bus operation with independently assignable control stripes
- Practical lighting, variable T-bar illumination, and LCD label displays
- Precision controls for expert handling of real-time video operations
NewTek TriCaster TC1 (2 RU) Specs
|Inputs||Supports any combination of up to 16 simultaneous inputs of SDI or NDI at up to UHD 4K at 59.94 fps.
16 x NDI
4 x BNC, SD/HD/3G-SDI
1 x Stereo Balanced XLR Line Input
3 x Stereo Balanced TRS Line Input
|Resolution Support||Built-In SD/HD/3G-SDI:
NDI: Up to UHD 4K at 59.94 fps
|Outputs||NDI (Configurable for 4 mix outputs or 1 UHD 4K output)
4 x BNC, SD/HD/3G-SDI (configurable for 4 mix outputs, or 1 UHD 4K output via quad-link 3G-SDI
1 x DVI (User Interface with Multiviewer)
1 x HDMI (Multiviewer)
1 x DisplayPort (Multiviewer)
1 x 1/4" TRS, Headphone
|Other I/O||1 x BNC, Genlock
1 x HD15 GPI, Tally
2 x RJ-45, Gigabit Ethernet
6 x USB 3.0 Type-A
2 x USB 2.0 Type-A
1 x eSATA
1 x PS/2
|Processing||Video: Floating Point, YCbCr +A, 4:4:4:4
Audio: Floating Point, 96 kHz
|Standards||Video: SMPTE 2036, SMPTE 424M (level A), SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, ITU-R BT.656
Audio: SMPTE RP-155
|Mix / Effect Buses||4 x M/E Buses Supporting Video Re-Entry:
• 1 x Mix/Effect channel per bus with support for up to 4 sources
• 4 x Key layers per bus
• 9 x Memory slots per bus
1 x Previz configuration and preview bus
|DSK||4 x DSK Channels|
|Media||5 x Media Players:
• 2 x DDR
• 2 x GFX
• 1 x Sound
15 x Media Buffers:
• 10 x Animation buffers
• 5 x Graphic buffers
30 x Clip players (available for use as transitions or media, depending on function)
|Keyers||16 x Input Keyers
4 x Media Player Keyers
4 x M/E Keyers
1 x Previz Keyer
15 x Buffer Keyers
|Recording||12 x Configurable Channels via IsoCorder Technology:
• 4 x QuickTime Archival Video Recorders (XDCAM HD Compatible, 4:2:2 Encoding with 24-Bit Audio and Timecode)
• 8 x H.264 Distribution Video Recorders (Multiple Profiles)
• 1 x MP3 Audio Recorder
|PTZ||Support for up to 8 simultaneous pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) robotic cameras via serial and network protocols, including RS-232, RS-422, and IP, with integrated controls and preset system|
|Storage||2 x 3 TB HDD|
|System Drive||120 GB SSD|
|Power Supply||400 W|
|Dimensions||19 x 3.5 x 19.6" / 48.3 x 8.9 x 49.7 cm (with rack ears attached) Rackmount: 2 RU|
|Weight||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Package Weight||38 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||28.2 x 25.3 x 12.7"|
NewTek NC1 Studio I/O Module (1 RU) Specs
8 x Mini-BNC, SD/HD/3G-SDI (configurable for single channel or quad-link input or output)
8 x NDI I/O
2 x HDMI multiviewer outputs
8 x Mini-BNC, SD/HD/3G-SDI I/O
8 x NDI I/O
|Other I/O||2 x RJ45, gigabit Ethernet
4 x USB 3.0 Type-A
2 x USB 2.0 Type-A
1 x PS/2
|IP Video Inputs||Supports RTMP, RTSP, and HTTP|
|Resolution Support||Built-in SD/HD/3G-SDI:
3840 x 2160 23.976/24/25/29.97/50/59.94
NDI: Up to UHD 4K at 59.94 fps
|Processing||Video: Floating point, YCbCr +A, 4:4:4:4
Audio: Floating point, 96 kHz
|Video Standards||Video: SMPTE 424M (Level A), SMPTE 292M,
SMPTE 259M, ITU-R BT.656
Audio: SMPTE RP-155
|Power Supply||280 W redundant|
|Dimensions||19 x 1.75 x 16.75" / 48.3 x 4.5 x 42.5 cm (with rack ears attached) 1 RU|
|Weight||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Package Weight||24.55 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||24.1 x 24 x 8"|
NewTek IP Series 2-Stripe Control Panel For TriCaster TC1 Specs
|Package Weight||34.51 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||41.3 x 21 x 12.25"|