What's in the Box
- (1) x Lectrosonics SSM (Super Slight Micro) UHF Bodypack Transmitter
- (1) x Lectrosonics 26995 Belt Clip
- (1) x Lectrosonics 27079 ANTENNA UP BELT CLIP
- (1) x Lectrosonics 35939 Pouch
- (1) x Lectrosonics 40106-1 Lithium Batteries
- (1) x Lectrosonics 40102 Battery Charger
- (3) x Lectrosonics P1311 USB Port Plug
Due to manufacturer's restrictions this item cannot be shipped outside of the United States.
The SSM is ideal in theatrical or any other production where concealment in costuming is required. In spite of its tiny size, the transmitter offers an extensive feature set and performance on par with all of the Digital Hybrid Wireless® models.
Frequencies are selectable in 100 kHz or 25 kHz steps across a maximum tuning range of 76.7 MHz. This yields a total of 3072 available frequencies across three standard frequency blocks. The tuning range varies in other blocks to meet applicable frequency allocations.
The servo bias input accepts mic or line level signals with a wide range of gain adjustment in 1 dB steps. Accurate LED indications on the keypad allow precise gain adjustments to be made for the maximum signal to noise ratio and minimum distortion. The limiter in the preamp can cleanly handle signal peaks over 30 dB above full modulation, allowing the input gain to be set high enough to achieve the maximum signal to noise ratio, yet provide protection against input overload.
Compatibility with earlier analog Lectrosonics receivers, Lectrosonics IFB receivers and some receivers from other manufacturers is provided by DSP emulation modes selected in the LCD menu.
- Tunable across three standard frequency blocks (76.8 MHz)
- Digital Hybrid Wireless® audio for compandor-free digital quality
- Selectable 25 or 50 mW RF power
- Compatibility modes for use with analog receivers
- 25 or 100 kHz tuning steps for up to 3072 selectable frequencies
- Wide range input gain control in 1 dB steps
- Quick change Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Audio coupled remote control
*Digital Hybrid Wireless™ is a revolutionary new design that combines 24-bit digital audio with an analog FM radio link to provide outstanding audio quality and the extended operating range of the best analog wireless systems. The design overcomes channel noise in a dramatically new way, digitally encoding the audio bitstream in the transmitter and decoding it in the receiver, yet sending the encoded information via an analog FM wireless link. This proprietary DSP algorithm eliminates a compandor circuit and its artifacts, and preserves the RF spectral footprint of analog FM designs to simplify multi-channel coordination with exisiting analog wireless systems.
This particular wireless microphone device operates in portions of the 617-652 MHz or 663-698 MHz frequencies. Beginning in 2017, these frequencies are being transitioned by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to the 600 MHz service to meet increasing demand for wireless broadband services. Users of this device must cease operating on these frequencies no later than July 13, 2020. In addition, users of this device may be required to cease operations earlier than that date if their operations could cause harmful interference to a 600 MHz service licensee’s wireless operations on these frequencies. For more information, visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at www.fcc.gov/wireless-microphones-guide or call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC).