The G-SPEED Shuttle XL 48TB 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Array from G-Technology is built with a transportable design that helps make it suitable for use in the field, whether on-location or on-set, with its removable door and top-mounted handle. It supports 4K and beyond workflows and its eight 3.5" drive bays are equipped with 7200 rpm Enterprise-class SATA hard drives in a 6TB configuration that support data transfer rates up to 1,350 MB/s. This array comes pre-configured in RAID 5, which provides a good balance of performance and data redundancy, but is also able to be configured as RAID 0, 1, 6, 10, and 50, each of which provides performance, data redundancy, or a combination of both.
The G-SPEED Shuttle XL is compatible with both Windows and Mac systems and achieves connectivity with its dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, each of which provides bi-directional transfer speeds of up to 20 Gb/s. While one of the Thunderbolt 2 ports is used to connect to your host system, the other may be used for daisy chaining Thunderbolt-compatible devices together, including additional storage, displays, and docks. This array may be operated in horizontal or vertical orientations, includes a Thunderbolt cable and a power cord, and is protected by a limited 3-year warranty.
- Transportable design, optional integration in a separately sold protective case
- Up to 48TB (8 x 6TB) of total storage capacity
- Eight 3.5" SATA drive bays
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy chaining devices
- User configurable in RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and 50
- Pre-configured in RAID 5
- Data transfer rates up to 1,350 MB/s
- Removable 7200 rpm Enterprise-class SATA hard drives