A smart way to protect your rig from power surges.
The Furman PL-8C Power Conditioner is what you need to protect your valuable equipment from power spikes and sags. An advanced Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus (SMP+) circuit provides rock-solid, maintenance-free extreme surge suppression with zero ground contamination thanks to Furman Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT). This power conditioner has 8 rear-panel outlets and one front-panel outlet, a 15-amp rating with circuit breaker, retractable LED rack lights with on/off/dimmer control, and BNC back panel connector for gooseneck lamp with front-panel switch. The Furman PL-8C fits in one rack unit and comes with a 10', 14-gauge, heavy-duty power cable.
Furman's Classic Series power conditioners feature the Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) circuit and the exclusive Linear Filter Technology (LiFT). The maintenance-free SMP surge suppression handles the most extreme transient voltage. Spikes are safely absorbed, clamped, and dissipated without destruction of the circuit. LiFT ensures optimal performance through linear filtering with no leakage to ground, protecting the audio and video quality of your signal.
The Classic Series units have super-bright, long-life, retractable LED rack lights that produce virtually no heat and provide an extremely long lifespan. There is an on/off/dimmer control for the lights. A BNC back panel connector will accommodate a gooseneck lamp for rear-rack illumination. A front panel switch controls the gooseneck's operation. The Classic Series units occupy one rack unit space each and have a convenient front-panel mounted outlet.
A master switch controls operation of the rear outlets. The rear outlets are split into 2 isolated banks to minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination. The left bank features three widely spaced outlets for accommodating, bulky AC power transformers, while the right bank has 5 outlets more closely spaced. The Series II conditioners come with a 10', 14-gauge, heavy-duty power cable.
- Retractable LED rack lights with on/off/dimmer control
- Isolated outlet banks to minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination
- BNC back panel connector for gooseneck lamp with front-panel switch
- Maintenance-free surge suppression thanks to Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus (SMP+) circuit with extreme voltage shutdown
- 8 rear-panel outlets and one front-panel outlet
- LED status indicators warn you when voltage is outside of nominal range or when protection has been compromised
- Three widely spaced outlets accommodate bulky AC power transformers
- LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology) with zero ground contamination
- Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions
- 15 amp rating, with high-inrush thermal circuit breaker for added protection
- Two, pull out multi-LED, dimmable lamps
- Captive 3/14 AWG, 10ft. black cord with NEMA 15 plug
- One rack unit space
PL-8C Power Conditioner Specifications:
- Dimensions: 19"W x 1.75"H x 10.5"D
- Weight: 12 lb.
- Construction: Steel chassis, .125" brushed and black anodized aluminum front panel; glass epoxy printed circuit boards
- Current rating: 15 amps
- Operating Voltage: 90 to 139 VAC
- Over Voltage Shutdown: 140 VAC typically
- Spike Protection Modes: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike Clamping Voltage: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps, 133 VAC RMS
- Response time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum surge current: 6,500 amps
- Noise attenuation: 10dB @ 10kHz, 40dB @ 100kHz, 50dB @ 500MHz
- Power consumption: 12W
- Safety Agency Listings: CE, NRTL-C