What's in the Box
- DPA Microphones 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Microphone
- Manfrotto Compact Extreme 2-in-1 Monopod & Pole
- Rycote Mini Windjammer for DPA 4099
- DPA Microphones CM2218B00 Heavy Duty Miniature Microdot Extension Cable (5.9', Black)
- Shoe Mount
- Plate for Transmitter
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
The DPA 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun Interview Kit leverages the 4097 microphone into a lightweight, comprehensive kit that allows you to conduct interviews with your subject at a safe distance. In addition to the ultracompact, weather-resistant mic, the kit includes a Manfrotto telescoping boom, a 5.9' MicroDot cable to connect the mic to a transmitter or recorder, and a Rycote windjammer—along with a transmitter plate and cold shoe mount to give you a wide variety of connection options.
At the center of the action is the black DPA 4097 CORE Micro Shotgun, a professional, multipurpose, weather-resistant microphone well-suited to interviews, dialog, and voice-overs for video, DIY journalism, indie film, and broadcast applications. At only .35 oz and featuring a built-in shockmount and 4" gooseneck for a wide range of positioning options, the 4097 is much lighter and more flexible than traditional boom mics.
The supercardioid polar pattern focuses audio capture on the subject, reducing unwanted off-axis background sound and enhancing speech intelligibility. In addition, the mic has low self-noise, high sensitivity, and is capable of handling high SPLs, for natural undistorted results even during unpredictable shoots when a subject yells or shouts. The 4097 is optimized for speech with a 2 dB soft boost in the 10 kHz range providing the crisp presense typical of DPA microphones— clear, consistent sound that requires less postproduction tweaking.
Optimal powering is provided via 48V phantom power, although the mic will also run on 12V phantom power but at a reduced capacity to handle high SPLs. Similarly, the 4097 can operate on 5 to 10V from bodypack transmitters. It can also work on 3 to 4V from low-DC transmitters, but again the reduced power means the mic is more likely to distort if the talent or interview subject shouts or gets loud.
The 4097 is built to handle the rigors of location shooting and is IP58-certified for resistance to moisture, extreme temperatures, and humidity. With a housing covered in a water-repellant nano coating and the sensitive amp at the core of the mic hermetically sealed, the 4097 micro shotgun is able to deliver professional sound in challenging environments.
The interview kit includes the Manfrotto Compact Extreme 2-in-1 Monopod & Pole which easily attaches to the mic's gooseneck and provides a lightweight extendable boom pole allowing you to get the 4097 close enough to your subject for optimal sound while still maintaining a safe distance. The included 5.9' MicroDot cable can then be adapted (various adapters available separately) for transmitters or an XLR adapter that is able to supply phantom power for the mic. Both a cold shoe mount and a transmitter plate are supplied, along with a Rycote windjammer that greatly reduces wind noise—helping to make the interview kit ready for action both indoors and outside.
A Complete Solution for On-the-Street Interviews at a Distance
- The kit includes the ultralightweight Manfrotto telescoping boom along with a 5.9' MicroDot cable to extend the 4097 Micro Shotgun toward your subject and capture terrific sound, all from a safe distance.
- Clip your existing transmitter into the holder at the bottom of the pole, connect it via a wireless DPA adapter (available separately), and you are ready to go.
- Its small footprint and light weight make the 4097 much easier to use with a boom for distant interviewing.
- The 4" gooseneck and redesigned swiveling MicroDot connection offers a wide variety of positioning options to give you optimal sound with booms and wireless transmitters.
- The matte-black, non-reflective finish and discreet styling are well suited to TV and video applications.
A Versatile Microphone for Interviews, Dialog, and Voice-Overs
- The high-sensitivity condenser capsule picks up spoken words at a distance but can still handle loud SPL peaks up to 135 dB.
- With a supercardioid pickup pattern that focuses audio capture on the subject, unwanted background sound is naturally attenuated—for clear, intelligible speech.
- The narrow pickup pattern reduces reflections and noise for better voice-overs in hotel rooms and other on-the-go locations.
Outstanding as a Directional Plant Mic
- The supercardioid polar pattern lets the mic pick up dialog even in noisy situations.
- The short barrel length and free-running, lockable MicroDot nut allow you to easily get the mic in tight spots for great sound.
- IP58-certified, the 4097 is resistant to moisture, extreme temperatures, and humidity with a water-repellant nano coating on the housing and hermetic sealing of the sensitive amplifier at the core of the mic.
- The built-in shockmount makes the mic a great fit for car mounting—clipped to the dashboard or packed away above a sun visor.