What's in the Box
- Decimator MD-HX Miniature HDMI/SDI Cross Converter with Scaling & Frame Rate Conversion
- Universal Power Supply
- HDMI Cable
- USB Cable
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
The Decimator MD-HX HDMI and SDI Cross Converter with Scaling & Frame Rate Conversion is a truly portable converter, that incorporates the new easy to use LCD and button control system. This gives you easy access to all of the amazing features that have been unavailable without a computer until now. The days of having to play with annoying dip switches or having to carry around a computer to change a simple setting are gone.
Combining capabilities usually reserved for a computer controlled converter the DECIMATOR MD-HX Miniature HDMI/SDI Cross Converter with Scaling & Frame Rate Conversion is a small independent device that features the same proven cross converter found in DECIMATOR's larger MD-DUCC. The MD-HX features both an HDMI and a 3G-SDI input, and can cross convert either signal to the other. It features a built-in scaler and frame rate converter as well, allowing you to convert the input signal to your required output standard.
The MD-HX features one HDMI output and two pairs of 3G-SDI outputs, controllable via fourteen selectable conversion modes, providing you with a variety of modes to fit your needs. This converter does not require a computer or DIP switches to control as it incorporates a small LCD screen for menu functions, and four buttons for control. It comes with a power supply with locking power cable to prevent accidental power loss during use.
Note: Firmware Release 2.0.6 adds 3G-SDI Level B support for 1080p60/59.94/50 for this model, as well as the ability to set the SDI output to 3G level A or B and convert between A and B. It also enables horizontal and vertical image flipping via the built-in scaler.
- Combines several converters for the price of one (e.g. SDI to HDMI, HDMI to SDI, Down Up Cross Converter, etc.)
- Robust Aluminum Case with easy to use LCD and button control system.
- 4 x (3G/HD/SD)-SDI outputs, that allow it to be used as a 1 to 4 distribution amplifier. Output pair 1 can either be a copy of the SDI input (default) or the same as pair 2
- Audio pairs in the SDI and HDMI outputs can be rearranged as required
- Includes the same Down Up Cross Converter from the multi-award winning DD-DUCC, allowing either the HDMI or SDI input to be scaled and/or frame rate converted to the required standard
14 Conversion Modes:
- SDI In to HDMI and SDI Out
- SDI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
- SDI In to SDI Out and Scaled SDI In to HDMI Out
- SDI In to SDI Out and Scaled HDMI In to HDMI Out
- HDMI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
- HDMI In to HDMI and SDI Out
- HDMI In to SDI Out and Scaled SDI In to HDMI Out
- HDMI In to SDI Out and Scaled HDMI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled SDI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled SDI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled SDI In to HDMI and SDI Out
- Scaled HDMI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled HDMI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled HDMI In to HDMI and SDI Out
HDMI to SDI / SDI to HDMI
The HDMI or SDI input can be scaled and/or frame rate converted to the required standard.
- Four SD/HD/3G-SDI outputs allow the converter to be used as a 1 to 4 distribution amplifier. SDI output pair 1 can either be a copy of the SDI input (default) or the same as pair 2.
- The MD-HX incorporates an LCD and button control system. This gives you access to features that have usually require a computer. Adjusting DIP switches or having access to a computer to change a simple setting are no needed with the MD-HX.
- The audio pairs in the SDI and HDMI outputs can be rearranged as required.
- The unit incorporates a USB port for control and firmware updates.
Popular Amazon Reviews:
By Walamabon on April 21, 2015
"Works like a swiss army knife for SDI and HDMI signals. Successfully using this to scale and convert iMac 1080i60 video output for use with Blackmagic Design ATEM 2 M/E Production Studio 4K at 1080i59.94. The menus are logical. I was able to configure the device without looking at the instructions. Detects and displays input format and frame rate along with selected output format. Requires some knowledge of video formats and scaling to properly configure for a particular use. If you are looking at this device you probably have that knowledge."
By Charles Paperton on April 29, 2015
"Another great box from Decimator--HDMI to SDI in either direction, and can also be configured as a 1x4 DA, all for under $300--such a deal! Can be configured either from the onscreen panel, or through Decimator's UCP software which is finally available for Mac as well as PC. Rugged box and the new locking power connector is a big improvement from their previous generation products. Like the reviews above, I use it to convert incoming camera signals for the Blackmagic switcher but I've also used to convert SDI cameras to use with a Paralinx, HDMI output cameras for SDI signal path, and as a DA."
By Chrison on April 14, 2015
"OK I now have several of these and other Decimator products. They are always our 'get out of jail' units. Do not brake, and very solid. If I had to put down any criticism it is that getting some of the setting right is not always logical (my team have a habit of pressing every button until it works)."
|SDI Formats Supported||3G: SMPTE 424M 2.97 and 2.967 Gb/s
HD: SMPTE 292M/274M/296M 1.485 and 1.435 Gb/s
1080i: 60/59.94/50 Hz
1080p/psf: 30/29.97/25/24/23.98 Hz
720p: 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98 Hz
SD: SMPTE 259M 270 Mb/s
|Inputs||HDMI: (1) x Type A
SD/HD.3G-SDI: (1) x BNC
|Outputs||HDMI: (1) x Type A
SD/HD.3G-SDI: 4 x BNC ((2) x Active Loop Through or addition outputs, (2) x output)
|Control Buttons||SDI output source from HDMI IN, SDI IN, Scaler
SDI output 1 is loop
HDMI output type and source from HDMI IN, SDI IN, Scaler
Scaler source, reference, format and Aspect Controls
Audio pair routing for HDMI and SDI output
LCD backlight off time
Back to Status time
|Power||5 to 32 VDC
|Dimensions||3.1 x 4.8 x 1.2" / 79.5 x 123 x 29.5 mm|