What's in the Box
- Decimator MD-DUCC Multi-Definition Up Down Cross Converter
- Universal Power Supply
- HDMI Cable
- USB Cable
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
Multi-Definition Down Up Cross Converter
(3G/HD/SD)-SDI to (3G/HD/SD)-SDI, HDMI and Analogue Video with 2 x AES/EBU or 2 x Analogue Audio Outputs
Compact and suitable for use on location or in a studio the DECIMATOR MD-DUCC Multi-Definition Down Up Cross Converter inputs an SD/HD/3G-SDI signal, converting it to SDI, HDMI, and component/composite & Y/C. The unit auto detects the input signal, and maintains a full 10-bit data path from input to output. It features true up/down cross converting between any of the supported formats, you only have to select the output format you want, and the device will auto detect and convert with no further input. This device allows you to convert from HD to SD, as well as SD to HD.
The cross converter supports motion adaptive deinterlacing, and aspect ratio conversion between 16:9, 14:9, and 4:3. You can select HD to HD, HD to SD, SD to HD and SD to SD conversions. The unit also supports 16 channels of audio level metering, with any of the 4 audio groups embedded in the SDI stream individually selectable. The built-in graticule generator can produce Action Safe, Title Safe and Center Cross, Action and Title safe are especially important when down converting HD material for display on an SD monitor, as you don't want to cut off important action or any of the credits. In addition to the graticule generation, the unit supports text overlays.
Outputs include one SDI loop-through output, two SDI, one HDMI out, as well as three BNCs that support component, composite, and Y/C video signals. Analog audio as well as AES audio is available via two RCA jacks built into the unit, and if you want to use GPI triggers, that is available to you via the RJ-35 jack. The unit comes with a power supply with locking power cable to prevent accidental power loss during use.
- The audio source for all 4 stereo pairs in the HDMI output can be selected from the 8 stereo pairs available in the SDI input.
- When scaling is enabled, the audio source for all 8 stereo pairs in the SDI output can be selected from the 8 stereo pairs available in the SDI input.
- Auto detects 3G, HD or SD (26 Formats in total).
- Full 10-bit data path and multipoint interpolation.
- Professional motion-adaptive de-interlacing.
- True Down Up Cross conversion, allowing the conversion between any of the supported formats. Simply select the output format you require, no matter what the input format is.
- Complete 16:9, 14:9 and 4:3 Aspect ratio conversion support, with individual selection for HD to HD, HD to SD, SD to HD and SD to SD conversions
- Full 16-Channel Audio metering with:
- Any of the 4 audio groups individually selectable
- Vertical or Horizontal Bars
- AES, VU, Extended VU, BBC, EBU, DIN and NORDIC Scales
- Bar & Float, Bar only or Float only
- Transparency adjustment
- Separate Bar and Float Ballistics control
- Adjustable Reference level
- Red, Yellow and Green Range adjustment
- Bar thickness adjustment
- Margin adjustment
- Adjustable Graticules Generator with:
- Separate enables for Safe Action, Safe Title and Centre Cross
- Adjustable position for either Safe Action or Safe Title
- Adjustable colours for Safe Action, Safe Title and Centre Cross
- Text Overlays with:
- Adjustable Foreground and Background colours
- Adjustable 16 character text
- Current input format status
- HDMI output
- Selectable analogue video output from:
- 3 x CVBS out
- YPbPr out
- RGB out
- CVBS & YC out
- 2 x (3G/HD/SD)-SDI 10-bit outputs with audio from input automatically delayed and passed.
- GPI on RJ-45 for Tallies.
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI Active Loop-Through Output.
- De-Embedded audio can be output on 2 x RCA connectors as either AES or Analogue with adjustable analogue audio level.
- LEDs for status and buttons for basic configuration.
- USB port for control and firmware updates.
- Locking DC Power Socket.
- The following is also included with the unit:
- Power Supply, HDMI Cable, USB Cable and Mounting Bracket
|SDI Formats Supported||3G: SMPTE 424M 2.97 and 2.967 Gb/s
1080p: 60/59.94/50 Hz
HD: SMPTE 292M/274M/296M 1.485 and 1.435 Gb/s
1080i: 60/59.94/50 Hz
1080p/psf: 30/29.97/25/24/23.98 Hz
720p: 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98 Hz
SD: SMPTE 259M 270 Mb/s
|Inputs||SD/HD.3G-SDI: (1) x BNC (10-bit)|
HDMI: (1) x HDMI
SD/HD.3G-SDI: (1) x BNC (active Loop-Through)
SD/HD.3G-SDI: (1) x BNC (2) x BNC (10-bit)
Component/Composite: (3) x BNC (NTSC / PAL)
AES / Unbalanced Analog: (2) x RCA (Left / Right)
|Cable Equalization||Belden 1694A
3G-SDI: > 328' / 100 m
HD-SDI: > 656' / 200 m
SD-SDI: > 1312' / 400 m
|Power||5 to 24 VDC
|Dimensions||3.5 x 4.8 x 0.9" / 90 x 123 x 23 mm|