What's in the Box
- DECIMATOR MD-CROSS V2 Miniature HDMI/SDI Cross Converter
- Universal Power Supply
- HDMI Cable
- USB Cable
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
Combining SD, HD, and 3G test pattern generation with capabilities usually reserved for a computer controlled scaler/converter the DECIMATOR MD-Cross V2 Miniature HDMI/SDI Cross Converter is a small independent device that features the same proven cross converter found in DECIMATOR's larger MD-DUCC. The DD-Cross features both an HDMI and a 3G-SDI input, and can cross convert either signal to the other. It features a built-in scaler and frame rate converter as well, allowing you to convert the input signal to your required output standard.
The Decimator MD‐CROSS is a truly portable converter, which incorporates our new easy to use LCD and button control system. This gives you easy access to all of the amazing features that have been unavailable without a computer until now. The days of having to play with complicated dip switches or having to carry around a computer to change a simple setting are gone.
The Decimator MD‐CROSS features the following four modes:
- HDMI to SDI while simultaneously converting SDI to HDMI
- HDMI to HDMI while simultaneously converting SDI to SDI
- HDMI to SDI and HDMI
- SDI to SDI and HDMI
The Decimator MD‐CROSS includes the same Down Up Cross Converter from our multi‐award winning MD‐DUCC, allowing either the HDMI or SDI input to be scaled and/or frame rate converted to the required standard.
The Decimator MD‐CROSS includes the Professional 3G/HD/SD Test Pattern Generator featuring:
- 26 Selectable Output Formats
- 54 Test Patterns including Luma and Chroma Zone‐plates
- Audio Test Tone Generator
This unit also includes:
- Support for both 3G level A and B on the input and output
- Horizontal and/or Vertical image flipping via the scaler
- 2 x (3G/HD/SD)‐SDI Active Loop‐Through or Additional Output
- Full 16‐Channel Audio Metering Overlays
- Adjustable Safe Title and Safe Action Overlays and static Centre Cross
- Text Overlays
- USB port for control and firmware updates
- New Metal Thread Locking DC Power Socket
- Power Supply, HDMI Cable and USB Cable
The included test pattern generator of the MD-Cross supports 26 selectable output formats with 54 test patterns. It features one HDMI output, one loop through SDI output, and two pairs of 3G-SDI outputs, controllable via fourteen selectable conversion modes, providing you with a variety of modes to fit your needs. This converter does not require a computer or DIP switches to control as it incorporates a small LCD screen for menu functions, and four buttons for control. It comes with a power supply with locking power cable to prevent accidental power loss during use.
Note: Firmware Release 2.0.6 adds 3G-SDI Level B support for 1080p60/59.94/50 for this model, as well as the ability to set the SDI output to 3G level A or B and convert between A and B. It also enables horizontal and vertical image flipping via the built-in scaler.
14 Conversion Modes:
- SDI In to HDMI and SDI Out
- SDI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
- SDI In to SDI Out and Scaled SDI In to HDMI Out
- SDI In to SDI Out and Scaled HDMI In to HDMI Out
- HDMI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
- HDMI In to HDMI and SDI Out
- HDMI In to SDI Out and Scaled SDI In to HDMI Out
- HDMI In to SDI Out and Scaled HDMI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled SDI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled SDI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled SDI In to HDMI and SDI Out
- Scaled HDMI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled HDMI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled HDMI In to HDMI and SDI Out
HDMI to SDI / SDI to HDMI
The HDMI or SDI input can be scaled and/or frame rate converted to the required standard.
- The MD-Cross incorporates an LCD and button control system. This gives you access to features that have usually require a computer. Adjusting DIP switches or having access to a computer to change a simple setting are no needed with the MD-Cross.
- The unit features adjustable Title Safe, Action Safe, and static center cross overlays. The unit also supports text overlays.
- The unit supports 54 test patterns, including Luma and Chroma Zone-plates.
- The unit supports 16 channels of audio level metering overlays.
- The audio pairs in the SDI and HDMI outputs can be rearranged as required.
- The unit incorporates a USB port for control and firmware updates.
|SDI Formats Supported||3G: SMPTE 424M 2.97 and 2.967 Gb/s
1080p: 60/59.94/50 Hz
HD: SMPTE 292M/274M/296M 1.485 and 1.435 Gb/s
1080i: 60/59.94/50 Hz
1080p/psf: 30/29.97/25/24/23.98 Hz
720p: 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98 Hz
SD: SMPTE 259M 270 Mb/s
|Inputs||HDMI: (1) x Type A
SD/HD.3G-SDI: (1) x BNC
|Outputs||HDMI: (1) x Type A
SD/HD.3G-SDI: (3) x BNC ((1) x Active Loop-Through, (2) x output)
|Control Buttons||SDI output source from HDMI IN, SDI IN, Test Pattern Generator (TPG), and Scaler
HDMI output type and source from HDMI IN, SDI IN, TPG or Scaler
Scaler source, format and Aspect Controls
Full control for Audio Meter Overlays
Full control for Safe Action, Safe Title and Centre Cross Overlays
Full control for Text Overlays
Full control for Format Status Overlays
|Power||5 to 32 VDC
|Dimensions||3.1 x 4.8 x 1.2" / 79.5 x 123 x 29.5 mm|