What's in the Box
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
- Lens Turret Dust Cap
- Camera Strap
- 30W Power Supply with Locking Connector and International Adapters
- LP-E6 Battery
- Welcome Booklet
- Davinci Resolve Studio Activation Key
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Powerbase EDGE V-Mount Battery
- Powerbase EDGE Cable for Canon LP-E6 Devices
- PB70C15 D-Tap Wall Charger
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
Featuring a larger 6144 x 3456 Super 35 sensor and EF lens mount, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K lets customers use larger EF photographic lenses to create cinematic images with shallower depth of field, allowing creative defocussed backgrounds and gorgeous bokeh effects. This means that customers can shoot in 6K and then in post production zoom and re-frame to allow wide shots and close ups to be created, all from a single camera and without losing image quality.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K both have an incredible 13 stops of dynamic range which means they preserve more detail in the lightest and darkest areas of an image than simple video cameras can. This allows customers to set exposure for an indoor scene such as a cafe and still retain the details of bright outdoor light coming through a window. Customers even get more colors than the standard DCI-P3 colorspace used for feature films.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features dual gain ISO up to 25,600, which means both the 4K and 6K models are optimized to minimize grain or noise in images, while maintaining the full dynamic range of the sensor. The native ISO of 400 is ideal for scenes with on-set lighting. The gain is set automatically as they adjust the ISO setting on the camera, so it's easy to capture great images when they don’t have time to set up lights.
The new 6K model will shoot up to 50 fps at 6144 x 3456 16:9 or 60 fps at 6144 x 2560 2.4:1 and 60 fps at 5744 x 3024 17:9. For higher frame rates they can window the sensor and shoot up to 120 fps at 2.8K 2868 x 1512 17:9. Customers can even work in true anamorphic 6:5 using anamorphic lenses in 3.7K 60 fps at 3728 x 3104.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Features
- Use for independent films, documentaries, blogs and more.
- Designed from carbon fiber polycarbonate composite.
- Multifunction grip allows single hand operation.
- 2 models with 6K at 6144 x 3456 and 4K at 4096 x 2160.
- Compatible with MFT or EF lens mounts.
- Wide 13 stops of dynamic range for film looks.
- Up to 25600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
- Records full resolution up to 60 fps or 120 fps windowed.
- Standard open file formats compatible with popular software.
- Built in SD, UHS-II and CFast card recorders.
- Features incredible quality Blackmagic RAW recording.
- Built in 5" touchscreen allows accurate focus when shooting 6K.
- Blackmagic OS as used in URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast cameras.
- Includes Blackmagic Generation 4 Color Science.
- Features full size HDMI for monitoring with status overlay.
- Professional mini XLR input with 48 volt phantom power.
- 3D LUTs can be applied for both monitoring and recording.
- USB-C port allows recording directly to external disk.
- Built in timecode generator for sync muli-camera shoots.
- Supports still frame capture up to 21.2 megapixel.
- Localized for 11 popular languages.
- Supports remote camera control via Bluetooth.
- Powers via 12V DC input and can recharge via USB-C.
- Includes full DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.
This Core SWX Powerbase EDGE Bundle includes the Powerbase EDGE V-mount battery, an LP-E6 dummy battery power cable for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera, and a D-Tap wall charger. Connect the DC coupler cable into the 8.4 VDC barrel output on the battery to power your camera. To charge the battery, use the included wall charger.
Powerbase EDGE V-Mount Battery
The Core SWX Powerbase EDGE in a V-mount is a 14.8V, 49Wh, lithium-ion battery featuring an 8A continuous draw. This follow-up to the popular Powerbase 70 battery offers multiple modes of use. In addition to the V-mount, which allows it to be used with all cameras supporting a V-mount battery, the Powerbase EDGE has an 8.4V regulated DC output, a D-Tap output, a SmartTap output, and two USB ports.
Using the appropriate Powerbase EDGE power cable (sold separately), you can connect the battery to most mirrorless and DSLR cameras via the 8.4 VDC output. The SmartTap output, which is a Core SWX innovation, is a standard D-Tap connection with additional contacts inside that communicate SMBUS/smart battery data to compatible cameras. Other than this, it works just like a regular D-Tap port and supports standard D-Tap cables. Accordingly, you can use either the SmartTap or D-Tap port to power a camera using an optional D-Tap cable. The remaining one can be used to power an accessory, and likewise the USB ports can be used simultaneously with any of the other power options to power 5V accessories or charge mobile devices. The D-Tap port also functions as a charging port and supports D-Tap chargers such as the Core SWX PB70C15.
The Powerbase EDGE has an LCD on the side that provides runtime in minutes. Located on the side, it's easy to check on and read during production. Moreover, a button-activated backlight allows you to see it clearly in dark environments.
Like the Powerbase 70, the Powerbase EDGE comes with a small quick release adapter that provides a convenient way of attaching the battery to cheese plates and other camera supports. It secures onto the middle of the battery and provides a 1/4"-20 mounting screw. If, for example, you're looking to power your camera using the battery's D-Tap port, the quick release adapter provides a convenient way of attaching the battery to your rig in order to do that.
- 14.8V, 49Wh, lithium-ion V-mount battery
- 8A continuous draw
- 8.4V regulated DC output
- D-Tap output and charging port
- SmartTap output - carries SMBUS/smart battery data
- 2 x USB ports
- Runtime LCD with button-activated backlight
- Quick release adapter with 1/4"-20 screw
Powerbase EDGE Cable for Canon LP-E6 Devices
This Powerbase EDGE Cable from Core SWX allows you to power devices that use Canon LP-E6 batteries from the Core SWX Powerbase EDGE battery. The cable runs 6" long and features an LP-E6 dummy battery on one end and barrel connector for the Powerbase EDGE on the other.
PB70C15 D-Tap Wall Charger
The Core SWX PB70C15 D-Tap Charger provides a quick charge current of 1.5A and can be used to charge any battery with a D-Tap charging port, such as the Core SWX Powerbase EDGE and Nano batteries. This portable charger features a D-Tap connector on one end and U.S. wall plug on the other, and it supports 90-240 VAC worldwide-compatible input voltage, so it can be used anywhere in the world with the right plug adapter, sold separately. The charger also has an LED indicator on the front that changes from red to green when your battery is fully charged.