The new Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is a dramatic advancement over the original model as it now features entirely new electronics for higher speed processing. Also included is a new Super 35mm 4.6K image sensor that captures up to 4608 x 2592 pixels with 15 stops of latitude at up to 3200 ISO. This allows customers to record full sensor 4.6K images at up to 120 frames per second, windowed 4K DCI at up
150 frames per second, and windowed 1080 HD at an amazing 300 frames per second. That makes
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 ideal for capturing stylized fast action documentary work, nature
photography, sports and more.
In addition, URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 can capture Blackmagic RAW images in both film and extended
video modes, making it perfect for high end feature films, television shows, commercials, and indie
films as well as broadcast news, studio and even live multi camera production.
Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 Key Features
- Digital film camera with 15 stops of dynamic range.
- Super 35mm 4.6K sensor with Blackmagic Design Generation 4 Color Science.
- Supports project frame rates up to 60 fps and off-speed slow motion recording up to 120 fps in
4.6K, 150 fps in 4K DCI and 300 fps in HD Blackmagic RAW.
- Interchangeable lens mount with EF mount included as standard. Optional PL, B4 and F lens
mounts available separately.
- High quality 2, 4 and 6 stop neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation designed to
specifically match the colorimetry and color science of Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2.
- Fully redundant controls including external controls which allow direct access to the most
important camera settings such as external power switch, ND filter wheel, ISO, shutter, white
balance, record button, audio gain controls, lens and transport control, high frame rate button
- Built in dual C-Fast 2.0 recorders and dual SD/UHS-II card recorders allow unlimited duration
recording in high quality.
- High speed USB-C expansion port for recording directly to an external SSD or flash disk.
Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy body.
- LCD status display for quickly checking timecode, shutter and lens settings, battery, recording
status, and audio levels.
- Support for Blackmagic RAW files in Constant Bitrate 3:1, 5:1, 8:1 and 12:1 or Constant Quality Q0
and Q5 as well as ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT,
ProRes 422 Proxy recording at 4.6K, 4K, Ultra HD and HD resolutions.
- Supports recording of up to 300 frames per second in HD, 150 frames per second in 4K DCI, and
120 frames per second at full frame 4.6K.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power,
12G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power
output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC
- Built in high quality stereo microphones for recording sound.
- 4 inch foldout touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings.
- Includes full copy of DaVinci Resolve software color grading and editing software.
Blackmagic RAW is a revolutionary, next generation codec that gives customers visually lossless
images, extensive metadata support and highly optimized GPU and CPU accelerated processing.
Blackmagic RAW combines the quality and workflow advantages of traditional RAW formats with the
speed and ease of use of standard video codecs. With Blackmagic RAW, customers can choose
compression levels up to 12:1 and still get stunning images that can be used for feature films,
documentaries and broadcast programming. Blackmagic RAW settings such as 12:1 are important to
allow customers to get the highest frame rates from the camera, and this means only Blackmagic RAW
can allow high frame rates while retaining enough quality for professional results.
The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 also uses Blackmagic Design Generation 4 Color Science for superior imaging
that results in extremely accurate skin tones and gorgeous, lifelike colors that rival those of cameras
costing tens of thousands of dollars more. Blackmagic RAW images are encoded using a custom nonlinear
12-bit space designed to provide the maximum amount of color data and dynamic range. These
formats can be recorded onto CFast or SD cards, as well as direct to flash disks using the new USB-C
The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is designed to be extremely tough and fully featured. It includes everything
customers need in a compact handheld magnesium alloy body that’s durable and light enough to use
anywhere. There’s an external high visibility backlit LCD status display for viewing critical shooting
information, a foldout touch screen for reviewing shots without needing an extra on-set monitor,
professional connections such as 12G-SDI, XLR audio, built in high quality stereo microphones and
more. Plus, every single control on the camera is redundant, including the power, so if anything
should go wrong in the field, the camera can still be used.
The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 features neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation for quickly reducing
the amount of light that enters the camera. The 2, 4 and 6 stop filters are specifically designed to
match the colorimetry of the camera and provide additional latitude, even under harsh lighting
conditions. That means customers can use different combinations of aperture and shutter angle to
achieve shallower depth of field, or specific levels of motion blur, in a wider range of situations. The IR
filters evenly compensate for both far red and infrared wave lengths to eliminate IR contamination.
The ND filters are true optical filters with a precision mechanism that quickly moves them into place
when the ND filter dial is turned.