Blackmagic ATEM 1 ME Production Switcher 4K
- Calculated at Checkout
The new ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher 4K lets customers connect up to 10 x SD, HD or Ultra HD 4K video cameras, disk recorders and computers for live production. The advanced ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K includes all the features expected from a professional switcher, including 4 chroma keyers, built in full motion DVE, transitions, large media pool, 2 downstream keyers, 3 independent aux outputs, built in multi channel audio mixer, multi view, re-sync on all video inputs and all connections feature the latest 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K video technology.
The much larger media pool on the ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K allows 32 still frames with fill and key in Ultra HD as well as 180 frames of full motion clips with fill and key Ultra HD. When switched to 1080p or 1080i video formats the media pool allows 720 frames of full motion clips. The built in media pool means customers don’t need to run large and expensive external graphics servers with the ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K because of the large media pool memory the 2 built in media players allows, plus the included Photoshop plug-in allows all on air graphic’s management to be built into the switcher itself.
With a built in powerful DVE processor, even when running in Ultra HD, the customers can get full position, resize, scale and rotation of any live video source. The built in DVE can be used for positioning of graphics, for picture in picture presentations or for use in exciting DVE based transitions. ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K also includes support for using the media pool based graphics with the DVE for exciting stinger transitions.
ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K lets customers work and master to Ultra HD when used with the HyperDeck Studio Pro, which has Ultra HD and 6G-SDI support. This allows important events to be captured in the television format of the future and is perfect for live music events, sporting events, theatre productions, program production, conferences and more.
Ultra HD is four times the resolution of regular high definition video for a massive 3840 x 2160 frame size. Blackmagic Design was the first company in the world to ship products using the new 6G-SDI and HDMI 4K video connections so customers can now purchase a range of products that effortlessly handle Ultra HD. Even when operating in Ultra HD every input of the ATEM switchers includes a full frame synchronizer allowing the use of non genlock sources such as computers. There is also a high definition down converted HD-SDI program output for when the switcher is operating in Ultra HD formats, but a regular HD program feed is required.
The ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K features a strong and elegant machined aluminum front design. The front panel key pad lets customers select between routing to each of the 3 auxiliary outputs, and the built in LCD screen provides instant feedback on the status of the auxiliary outputs. The aux switching is also a valuable tech monitoring tool for setting up and for live aux switching during production.
The ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K includes the ATEM Software Control Panel for both Mac and Windows that provides complete control of the switcher from a laptop or desktop computer. If customers prefer working with a traditional hardware control panel they can add either a ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel or ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel.
ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K features built in multi view monitoring so customers can view sources on a single SDI monitor or HDMI TV and multi view includes independent views for program, preview and 8 customizable switcher sources. ATEM Production Studio 4K uses an aviation grade operating system that ensures mission critical reliability, unlike cheap computer based switchers that interrupt video if the computer crashes. With ATEM Production Studio 4K there will still be video output even if one of the control panels loses power or crashes, so the live event is protected from any potential problems.
“With new Ultra HD televisions hitting the market, consumers are gearing up for an amazing transition into a cinema viewing experience in the home! We think this is an exciting revolution that is only just starting, however the primary problem is content creation,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. “Live production is the fastest way to generate massive amounts of Ultra HD content quickly and live events offer some of the most exciting sources for entertainment that will take advantage of the increased resolution of Ultra HD images. ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K is perfect for this market and we think it will become the center of Ultra HD live production.”
- Full live production switcher with media players, chroma keying, transitions and more.
- Switcher can be selected between SD, HD and Ultra HD video formats instantly.
- Built in multi view lets you see 8 sources, preview and program on an HD-SDI and HDMI output.
- 10 Inputs total with 10 6G-SDI and 1 HDMI inputs. All inputs feature auto re-sync.
- 2 6G-SDI program outputs, 1 HDMI 4K program out and 1 down converted HD-SDI program output.
- Built in media pool graphics storage for 32 RGBA Ultra HD stills and 180 frame Ultra HD clips.
- Built in full motion 2D DVE with position, scale, resize and rotate features.
- 2 media players allow graphics to be connected to keyers for fill and key layering.
- Transitions include cut, mix, dip to color, SMPTE wipes and more.
- 4 upstream keyers include chroma keyer and 2 downstream keyers are included.
- 3 auxiliary outputs include front panel aux switching buttons and LCD screen for viewing.
- Built in audio mixer live mixes embedded audio from all video inputs and independent audio inputs.
- Balanced XLR stereo analog audio inputs and 1 HiFi RCA stereo audio inputs into built in audio mixer.
- Audio mixer is output onto balanced XLR audio outputs and on all video outputs.
- Internal sources include black, color bars, two color generators and media pool.
- Ethernet connection for control panel connection. Mac and Windows control panel software included.
- Compatible with all ATEM Broadcast Panel control panels when hardware panel is required.
- Black Burst and HD-Tri-Sync genlock input.
- Compact 1 rack unit size for a portable solution.
What's in the Box:
- ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K
- Software CD
- 12 month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
The advanced ATEM 1 M/E Production Studio 4K model switches between SD, HD or Ultra HD video standards so you can connect a wide range of video sources such as cameras, disk recorders and computers. Featuring 10 inputs, chroma keys, transitions, media pool, 4 upstream keyers, downstream keyers, audio mixer, multi view, full motion DVE, stinger transitions, large media pool with full motion clips and 3 auxiliary outputs!
- Total Video Input: 10
- Total Video Output: 8
- SDI Video Input: 10 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI type A. 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
- Analog Audio Output: 2 x XLR.
- SDI Audio Output: 2 Ch embedded into SDI output on all outputs.
- Audio Input: 2 x XLR. 2 x RCA.
- Sync Input: Tri-Sync or Blackburst.
- Internal Frame Synchronizers: 10. All inputs.
- SDI Program Output: 2 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
- HDMI Program Output: 1 x HDMI type A, 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
- Down Converted SDI Program Output: 1 x 10-bit (Ultra HD 4K to HD)
- SDI Preview Output: 1 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
- SDI Aux. Output: 3 x 10-bit SD/HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
- Quantity of Multi Views: 2
- Multi View Outputs: 1 x SDI and 1 x HDMI.
- Control Panel Connection: Ethernet supports 10/100/1000 BaseT. Allows direct connection between panel and chassis, or via network.
- Tally Output: Added via ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included.)
- Computer Interface: 1 x USB 2.0 port.
- SD Format Support: 525 59.94i NTSC, 625 50i PAL, 525 59.94i 16:9, 625 50i 16:9.
- HD Format Support: 720 50p, 720 59.94p 1080 50i, 1080 59.94i, 1080 23.98p, 1080 24p, 1080 25p, 1080 29.97p, 1080 50p, 1080 59.94p.
- Ultra HD 4K Format Support: 3840x2160 23.98p, 3840x2160 24p, 3840x2160 25p, 3840x2160 29.97p.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, 292M.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2.
- Color Precision: 10-bit.
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709, REC 2020.
- HDMI Input Resolutions for Computers: 720 x 480i 59.94Hz, 720 x 576i 50Hz, 1280 x 720 59.94Hz, 1280 x 720 50Hz, 1920 x 1080 50Hz, 1920 x 1080 59.94Hz, 3840 x 2160 23.98Hz, 3840 x 2160 24Hz, 3840 x 2160 25Hz, 3840 x 2160 29.97Hz.
- Control Panel: Included
- ATEM Software Control Panel: included free for Mac OS X 10.7.2 or 10.8 Mountain Lion and Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Software Updates: Using USB 2.0 connection directly connected to Mac OS X or Windows computers. Includes ATEM Switcher Utility.
- Configuration: Set via ATEM Software Control Panel, excluding ATEM chassis IP address which is set via the ATEM Switcher Utility connected via USB to chassis.
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
- Processing Delay: < 2 Lines.
- Audio Mixer:
- 12 input x 2 channel mixer.
- Selectable On/Off/Audio-Follow-Video.
- Level and Peak metering.
- Master gain control.
- Analog outputs may be used for separate monitoring.
- 4K to HD Down Conversion: Yes, program x 1.
- Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later, and Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later.
- Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Total Number of Layers: 8
- Upstream Keyers: 4
- Downstream Keyers: 2
- Linear/Luma Keyers: 7
- Chroma Keyers: 4
- Pattern Generators: 7
- Color Generators: 2
- Transition Keyer (Stinger/DVE): 1 and 1
- DVE with 3D Borders & Drop Shadow: 1
- Control Panel Compatibility: ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel preferred. Compatible with ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel. Includes ATEM Software Control Panel.
- Interface: Minimum monitor resolution of 1366 x 768.
- Front panel: Built in LCD monitor for video and 27 LED buttons for Aux switching.
- Media Players: 2
- Channels: Fill and key for each Media Player.
- Media Pool Still Image Capacity: 32 with fill and key.
- Media Pool Clip Capacity: 2 with fill and key.
- Maximum Clip Length in Ultra HD 4K: 180 frames
- Maximum Clip Length in 1080: 720 frames.
- Maximum Clip Length in 720p: 1600 frames.
- Maximum Clip Length in NTSC/PAL: 3600 frames.
- Media Pool Still Image Format: PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF.
- Media Pool Video File Format: TGA Sequence.
- Media Pool Audio File Format: WAV, MP3 and AIFF.
Multi View Monitoring:
- Number of Windows: 1 x 10
- Routable Windows: 8
- Tally: Red for program and green for preview indication.
- Windows Source Labels: Yes
- Physical Installation: 1 Rack Unit Size.
- Power Usage: 100 W
- Power Supply: 1 x built in international AC power supply. 110-240V AC.
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
DVeStore does not pay import fees for international shipments.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
You can view the UPS Shipping Map below to estimate delivery time for your UPS Ground package.
At DveStore we work diligently to protect the safety and security of our customers and our assets.
All orders are at our discretion to be checked for fraudulent activity on varying levels of research. If we are unable to verify your payment through the information you have provided, we will communicate what is needed for us to move forward with the order process. Additional information, including but not limited to, a photo ID, passport and/or payment details may be requested. Orders processed with Paypal secure payment system will never be asked for credit card information. Should you choose to check out with Paypal, we ask that you reference or use the email address which your Paypal account is linked to.
DveStore’s integrity to communicate with our customers holds true in our payment processing procedures. Questions or concerns are always welcomed.Returns
Call: 1 (360) 653-7063
All products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied for any reason, you may return the product for your money back less shipping charges, within 30 days of the original purchase. If the product has been used, a 15% re-stock fee may apply at our discretion.
To return an item for a refund, first call or email us to receive an RMA number. Please package item in all original packaging from the manufacturer, including any manuals, warranty cards and etc. (Missing these items will automatically subject the item to the 15% restocking fee) Please ship the item back with the RMA # written on the outside of the package: please do not write on or place stickers/labels on the original manufacturer's packaging.