Taking cues from our BP40 broadcast microphone, the rugged AT2040 dynamic microphone brings professional broadcast-quality sound and style to podcasters and other content creators at an accessible price. The mic’s multistage windscreen combines a nonwoven filter with foam mesh to provide superior internal pop filtering, while its integrated shock mount prevents unwanted noise by attenuating vibration from a boom arm or mic stand. The highly directional pickup (hypercardioid) keeps the sound focused on your voice and helps to minimize unwanted room noise, ensuring professional-quality broadcasts.
The microphone comes with a pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch.
Quiet, Professional Performance
The mic features a specially designed, integrated shock mount that tames any noise, shock and vibration that might be transmitted through a mic stand, boom or mount.
The AT2040’s multistage foam mesh windscreen includes a nonwoven filter to allow close-up use without annoying pops.
Perfect Podcasting Mic
Hypercardioid polar pattern provides maximum vocal isolation for professional-quality sound.
- Dynamic microphone delivers warm, assertive broadcast sound that’s perfect for podcasting
- Large diaphragm for smooth, natural sound and low noise
- Multistage foam mesh windscreen provides superior internal pop filtering
- Integrated shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through mic stands, booms and mounts
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear for maximum vocal isolation
- Includes pivoting stand mount, 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and a soft protective pouch
|Frequency response||80-16,000 Hz|
|Open circuit sensitivity||53 dB (2.2 mV) (0 dB=1 V/Pa, 1 kHz)|
|Dimensions||.3 mm (5.72") long, 52 mm (2.05") maximum body diameter|
|Output connector||Integral 3-pin XLR-M type|
|Included Accessories||AT8487 mounting clamp, 5/8”-27 to 3/8”-16, threaded adapter, Pouch,
1 Pascal = 10 dynes/cm2 = 10 microbars = 94 dB SPL