The new Mini Converter Heavy Duty range is precision machined from a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum, designed to resist being damaged through rough handling in live production and outdoor use. Each elegantly designed, super heavy duty converter is not only super-strong, but also includes scratch resistant laser etched labeling, non slip rubber feet, and a dust resistant rubber boot covering the configuration switches from dust and dirt.
Only Blackmagic Design's Mini Converter Heavy Duty family are so incredibly strong, they can even be run over by a car or broadcast truck and keep on working!
The Mini Converter HDMI to SDI from Blackmagic Design will accept an HDMI signal and convert it to 2 SDI outputs. You can also choose to embed audio from balanced AES/EBU or analog audio inputs. Use this device to add SDI output to cameras with HDMI connections or add SDI outputs to computers with HDMI or DVI connectors.
- Auto Switching SD and HD
- Mini Converters instantly switch between standard definition and high definition video formats and changeover is automatic when the video input changes. A huge range of video standards are supported, including NTSC, PAL, 1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 1080psf/23.98, 1080psf/24, 720p/59.94 and 720p/50 formats, plus new formats can be added via USB.
- Redundant SDI Input
- Mini Converters feature a unique redundant input for mission critical tasks such as broadcast or live events. You can connect a redundant cable to the second input, so if the main input is lost due to cable damage or any other cause, the Mini Converter will automatically switch over to the redundant input cable.
- New 3Gbps SDI Technology
- Only Mini Converters include the latest 3Gbps SDI technology, and upgrades can be loaded via the built-in USB connection for future video format compatibility. 3Gbps SDI is also fully compatible with all your standard-definition and high-definition SDI equipment.
- Built-in AES/EBU or Analog Audio
- Standard 1/4" jacks are built in for balanced analog or AES/EBU audio. Because Mini Converters use standard 1/4" jack connectors for all audio connections, you can use standard cables commonly available from any pro audio store. Unlike other converters, Mini Converters don't need custom cables, as any balanced 1/4" jack cable can be used. Mini Converters are also unique as the same 1/4" jack connections can be switched between professional balanced analog audio or AES/EBU digital audio.
- High Quality
- Mini Converters are built to highest quality standards with low SDI jitter so you get the longest SDI cable lengths combined with multiple internal power supplies for ultra low noise broadcast-quality analog video and audio. Unlike other converters, Mini Converters don't use "low grade" video electronics just to save cost. Mini Converters feature the highest-grade broadcast quality analog audio and video electronics.
- International Power Supply
- Unlike other converters, a universal power supply is included with international socket adapters for all countries. This lets you take Mini Converters with you to any location worldwide, and plug directly into the local power sockets. To stop power accidentally being disconnected, a cable tie point is included to lock down the power connection tight!